Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

It is a bit difficult to judge with wide angle, high perspective shots. How does it feel behind the wheel at high and low compare to explorer?

dano9258

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Tesla Model 3 SR+, 18' Tesla Model 3 LR
Thank you for this! What efficiency difference is there between having it in low and high?

OverlandEvs

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner, NVConversion
I'm curious when you have the suspension in high are the control arms maxed out or does it look to still have more up travel? From an off-roading perspective. Also when down it looks like it cant really tuck much more. I wonder if the difference between low and high is basically the suspension travel total.

Sponsored

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I'm curious when you have the suspension in high are the control arms maxed out or does it look to still have more up travel? From an off-roading perspective. Also when down it looks like it cant really tuck much more. I wonder if the difference between low and high is basically the suspension travel total.
There is “super low” (one inch lower than normal driving) which doesn’t allow driving, it’s for getting in and out of the truck. Then there is “super high” which gets you to 15” (one inch more than normal max off-road) and also isn’t for normal driving. It’s used to get just a bit more clearance if the truck got stuck while going over an obstacle.

Edit: Note there are multiple heights in between those maximums that allow for driving... Sport, standard, and a couple for off road. Over six inches total adjustment between the extremes.

Last edited:

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

BG_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS
There is “super low” (one inch lower than normal driving) which doesn’t allow driving, it’s for getting in and out of the truck. Then there is “super high” which gets you to 15” (one inch more than normal max off-road) and also isn’t for normal driving. It’s used to get just a bit more clearance if the truck got stuck while going over an obstacle.
So the lower modes can not be used to enter/drive into a low clearance garage?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
So the lower modes can not be used to enter/drive into a low clearance garage?
Yes, just not the lowest "kneel mode" that's exclusively for vehicle ingress & egress while parked.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Nice....but you know what would be really cool? Put it next to a Grand Cherokee and compare heights with the Jeep's different air suspension heights. Better yet, compare the Grand Cherokee to the R1S.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Yes, just not the lowest "kneel mode" that's exclusively for vehicle ingress & egress while parked.
Are you sure? Most vehicles with height adjustable air suspension will allow the vehicle to be driven at slow speed while at the maximum low setting. Mine automatically raises once I hit around 5 mph. And that's in the lowest setting, which is the entry mode.
Sponsored