Sponsored

Charging curve? - Breckenridge chargers - locals take a peek this week?

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
With the event this week in Breckenridge, can someone local drop by a charger and check the charging curve?

I mean they must be using those local chargers all week for the event with all those R1T's there... just sayin'
Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
With the event this week in Breckenridge, can someone local drop by a charger and check the charging curve?

I mean they must be using those local chargers all week for the event with all those R1T's there... just sayin'
There's got to be a customer delivery happening soon from someone on this forum that can go do all the testing...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Alright, who takes first shift.

Also EA there is currently full. What're the odds thst happens without rivian there?

Rivian R1T R1S Charging curve? - Breckenridge chargers - locals take a peek this week? Screenshot_20210921-224528_Electrify America

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They are probably still using pre-production cars for the media event, so depending on how old they are the charging curve might be different than the production versions.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
They are probably still using pre-production cars for the media event, so depending on how old they are the charging curve might be different than the production versions.
Fun hater.

Sponsored

Rivuylkill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I sure hope not. We really don't need another media dump where after every question or concern it's just "well, it's just pre production, maybe there's still hope!".

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That's a big change from other posts. It's also much closer to what I have been hoping for without 800v. Hope that's consistent! Pretty awesome. Good find!

Last edited:

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

By my math that is 27 minutes to go from 20 to 80%, which using the EPA’s 314 mile range would add 188 miles of range. And that is assuming a constant 180kw. It almost definitely is faster at the low end of the curve.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Sounds awesome and will hopefully ramp up a bit more even once they have the data to do it safely.
This was a portable charging station, not sure we’d see the same results from EA or the unreliable other networks. I like those numbers though not trying to hate. Guess this is the “if all goes well” rate. ?

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

This was a portable charging station, not sure we’d see the same results from EA or the unreliable other networks. I like those numbers though not trying to hate. Guess this is the “if all goes well” rate. ?
It is what the car is capable of. That is what we want to know. Hopefully charging networks improve such that they are more consistent

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
By my math that is 27 minutes to go from 20 to 80%, which using the EPA’s 314 mile range would add 188 miles of range. And that is assuming a constant 180kw. It almost definitely is faster at the low end of the curve.
Not much. The fastest they should be able to peak is about 220 kW.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rivian also cranked up the curve just for the race for them and we won't see this. Just tempering expectations (mostly own).

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
It is what the car is capable of. That is what we want to know. Hopefully charging networks improve such that they are more consistent
Exactly

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
For conflicting evidence someone just shared 22-80% on EA350 charger. Which sounds like a working EA charger, and would most definitely not be hitting anywhere near 180kw at 80%
Sponsored