First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It has taken EZ 3 years to build out 600 sites, there is a lot of government red tape involved, especially in CA and NJ.
There is a lot less than most building permits, and a lot of AHJ have intentionally removed permit red tape. Assuming a lot of the sites are sitting next to existing EA or supercharger sites, that addresses a lot of back end coordination. There is definitely a lot of building on the experience of others here. EA also sped up pretty rapidly and continues to do build out quickly.
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
There is a lot less than most building permits, and a lot of AHJ have intentionally removed permit red tape. Assuming a lot of the sites are sitting next to existing EA or supercharger sites, that addresses a lot of back end coordination. There is definitely a lot of building on the experience of others here. EA also sped up pretty rapidly and continues to do build out quickly.
In CA, just as the example documented by EA, they require environmental impact studies and economic impact studies for each site. What a waste of time and money on stupid stuff. Then they also want to make sure that X% of the sites are in underprivileged areas.

This the reason CA is losing so many people, they are blocking progress unnecessarily.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In CA, just as the example documented by EA, they require environmental impact studies and economic impact studies for each site. What a waste of time and money on stupid stuff. Then they also want to make sure that X% of the sites are in underprivileged areas.

This the reason CA is losing so many people, they are blocking progress unnecessarily.
An EIS can be very short. Not necessarily what you're envisioning. For something like a charging station in an established metro area it would basically be an off the shelf report. The bigger question would he the comment period.

I was digging I to what the stations have been requiring for construction permits this winter to see if it was worth my firm pursuing some engineering design work. We decided it's too low cost and cookie cutter and not worth it.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
It has taken EZ 3 years to build out 600 sites, there is a lot of government red tape involved, especially in CA and NJ.
Almost as if EZ is either less competent than Tesla, doesn’t have the same invested interested in an amazing network as Tesla/Rivian would have, or both.

Tesla proved it can be done.

Blue state red tape isn’t an excuse. Exhibit 1- Supercharger density in CA

Sponsored

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Why have I not received a call that my 1/5/2019 reserved R1T is scheduled for delivery so I can use the first Rivian charger in my neck of the woods on the way to Lake City to hit the Alpine Loop. Come on man!!

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

"open for use this summer" that is great. Regardless of how optimistic the entire RAN timeline feels, Salida is a nice place to have some improved charging infrastructure early on. It really will help open up the 285 corridor from the front range.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Why have I not received a call that my 1/5/2019 reserved R1T is scheduled for delivery so I can use the first Rivian charger in my neck of the woods on the way to Lake City to hit the Alpine Loop. Come on man!!
Just saw you're in golden, I am as well but a much later reservation. Looking forward to seeing some rivians around town.

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
"open for use this summer" that is great. Regardless of how optimistic the entire RAN timeline feels, Salida is a nice place to have some improved charging infrastructure early on. It really will help open up the 285 corridor from the front range.
Hope to use it soon
It is a good location

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Contractor isn't keeping their site maintained. ?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Just saw you're in golden, I am as well but a much later reservation. Looking forward to seeing some rivians around town.
Same here, based out of Applewood…hope I’ll get my Christmas R1S in time…have a 2019 reservation

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Was hoping for a meet and greet of recevers and reserves at July Cruz
SO MUCH FOR THAT IDEA
LOL
But who knows someone might have one let's make a plan to get together

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Headed into the mountains this week. Hope it is one of the last summer family camping trips we make in an ICE vehicle.

Excited to see the progress in Salida, and looking forward to reports of other stations elsewhere in CO and around the US -- and Canada.
Sponsored