DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Deja vu. I'm getting jacked about seeing the real thing soon. Phone still fully charged.......

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Deja vu. I'm getting jacked about seeing the real thing soon. Phone still fully charged.......
I'm thinking hoping (like many other posts in the past) that what we see here is Launch Green. The video creator was not able to confirm anything from the driver.

It did look like it was overcast for a bit, and the backlit first few images didn't help either.

??‍♂

Of the supposed Forrest Green I want to say it was more like a deep-contrasty emerald in direct sunlight and looked different in overcast skies than this. Agreeing with others that different cameras used with different white balances, color correction in post on the Rivian Videos, are definitely a thing. ?

So yeah...bring on the Test Drives and guides already! ?✌

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I'm thinking hoping (like many other posts in the past) that what we see here is Launch Green. The video creator was not able to confirm anything from the driver.

It did look like it was overcast for a bit, and the backlit first few images didn't help either.

??‍♂

Of the supposed Forrest Green I want to say it was more like a deep-contrasty emerald in direct sunlight and looked different in overcast skies than this. Agreeing with others that different cameras used with different white balances, color correction in post on the Rivian Videos, are definitely a thing. ?

So yeah...bring on the Test Drives and guides already! ?✌
That is very much a Forest Green.

Looks like this one:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-support-hb460-direct-to-consumer-sales.1154/

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

This one has the "way too light beige" wood accents with the Black Mtn. interior. ?

Rivian R1T R1S Forest Green R1T in the wild pics/video Beige wood.PNG

Sponsored

Ty012

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi
This one has the "way too light beige" wood accents with the Black Mtn. interior. ?

Beige wood.PNG
That is a strange (and yes, gross) combination. Doesn’t match anything available in the configurator that I see. Are they trying different combos or was it “just throw whatever we have in there to get it on the road for testing” ?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Beige wood.PNG
But notice the A-pillar trim (and thus the headliner) is Ocean Coast grey. It's clearly just a mish-mash of parts. And exactly why Rivian has been discouraging interior pictures of the pre-production vehicles.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Agreed, that does look the same, but I swear I saw deep contrasty-emerald in bright sun somewhere...maybe one of the Rivian Videos where it's not overcast?

...maybe it's from the Insurance Stories photos? Almost looks like both with how the light's hitting it....we're both right? ;)

https://stories.rivian.com/rivian-insurance

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Ok, guessing this is also a decent shot of it...winter Wyoming full sun from Rivian's Long Weekend video. Nevermind. lol Granted snow reflects a lot of blue light but still.

I just wanna see it already! lol ;)

Rivian R1T R1S Forest Green R1T in the wild pics/video 1621887973527

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Forest Green R1T in the wild pics/video green poo

Sponsored

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I keep saying it, but what if we’ve been seeing Launch Green all along, and Forest Green is the secret…
That would go against the RJ and CS Twitter responses anytime someone asks what shade of green a photo features.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I saw this exact same R1T driving in Marin on Sunday morning. Plate was '132 N'.

Rivian R1T R1S Forest Green R1T in the wild pics/video IMG_E77152BEC61D-1
Sponsored