First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
First EV to be true V2H with a whopping 80 amps of output @ 240V. Basically a whole house generator that can power a home for days off a fully charged battery. Maybe weeks.

In addition to this it has 11 outlets with up to 9.6kW of output, both 120V and 240V.

These are really important features that I hope Rivian includes. If not this will be a major buzzkill for me.
Rivian has two plugs, totally 12 amps in back. That's it at this point. No sign of V2H backup capabilities or they would haven't touted that a long time ago. Either way, Rivian accomplished all the things a car should really be - Ford has went overboard on the utility (which is cool). Ever our current 2021 F150 Powerboost is a pretty amazing generator with 7.2kW power output if needed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jjwolf120

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Tom Moughney, of Insideevs, said his friend had received a delivery notice from Rivian on the Motor1 coverage of the F-150 Lightning reveal.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Tom Moughney, of Insideevs, said his friend had received a delivery notice from Rivian on the Motor1 coverage of the F-150 Lightning reveal.

Oh snap do you have a link ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

timestamp:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE (QM/L), 2024 Zero DSR/X
Occupation
Product Management
Rivian has two plugs, totally 12 amps in back. That's it at this point.
This is minor but they’ve also confirmed outlets in the gear tunnel and frunk. I thought there was at least one in the interior as well.

That said, I’m definitely jealous of the F150 setup. Even 30a output on the R1T would go a long way for a trailer.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn 5/17-5/23? tenor

Me tomorrow morning in any case. Lets see what happens. I am betting a we get nothing major, maybe some pics of the finalized interior.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Back on what to expect, we received a nice release with exterior 2 weeks ago. My guess is

LIFE IN THE R1T
Interior experiences, designs, layouts, details, and updates.

Think Guides start contact in 1-2 weeks.

What was that phrase they trademarked? Vehicle of Life? Experience for Life?

Just listened to Emma and … update on the 2nd Rebelle Rally which had some good tidbits. Highly recommend.
Same, the podcast was great. I really liked that she touched on how the engineers at the event and off site were constantly working on ways to improve the vehicle leading up to, during, and after the rally.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
tenor.gif

Me tomorrow morning in any case. Lets see what happens. I am betting a we get nothing major, maybe some pics of the finalized interior.
My prediction is that much more is coming soon. It's on overdue (!!!!) & Ford almost forced their hand.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
No sign of V2H backup capabilities or they would haven't touted that a long time ago.
This is Rivian, you should know better by now.

I'm betting there is equivalent or better V2X capabilities, but they just haven't talked about any of it yet.

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Rivian has two plugs, totally 12 amps in back. That's it at this point. No sign of V2H backup capabilities or they would haven't touted that a long time ago. Either way, Rivian accomplished all the things a car should really be - Ford has went overboard on the utility (which is cool).
I disagree. It's more than cool...it is necessary. For a very utilitarian vehicle (that's how it's being marketed), Rivian really needs to include V2H as it's a huge selling point for buyers. That massive battery that comes in trucks really need to serve more than one purpose. Ford really nailed it. I priced back up power for my home... 3 Tesla Powerwalls with 90 amps of power but a paltry 40.5 kWh of energy storage. Ford is right there with max output but triple++ the energy storage. Price for the Tesla back up? $32K. This is 100% FREE with the Ford. Very very compelling and will hurt Rivian if they don't include some level of V2H.
Sponsored