Just ordered another R1T

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Welp, I guess I'm committed to the brand. I just ordered another R1T but when I can configure it I'm going to go Max Pack with Dual Motors. I don't care if it takes a couple years to be built and if charging improves in those couple years I may cancel. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for me to be able to configure the truck.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I bet you will be surprised and later this year or early next year they will let you configure. They seem to really be making an effort to standardize their build schedule.

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bet you will be surprised and later this year or early next year they will let you configure. They seem to really be making an effort to standardize their build schedule.
Yep, I'd be good with that...just wanting the range really. I did fine with my current T with the tax credit and old pricing so I'll be able to get out of it easily when the time comes so however it shakes down is fine by me.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've thought about doing the same but not because I really need more range but instead because I have 28k miles on my R1T in 11.5 months and doubt I will want to keep it beyond 60k miles. If I order now then maybe the timing lines up correctly.

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've thought about doing the same but not because I really need more range but instead because I have 28k miles on my R1T in 11.5 months and doubt I will want to keep it beyond 60k miles. If I order now then maybe the timing lines up correctly.
Seeing as the deposit is refundable, I just figured it's risk free and if the day comes and I want it then that's good. And if not, that's fine too.

Sponsored

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I'm also thinking of doing the same. By the time my order comes round to build/deliver I figure I'll have had my R1T LE long enough and I'll be ready to trade out. Quad motors are great and all, but in reality I don't really need them. I also reckon they'll have ironed out a few kinks by then.

Otherwise, still totally happy with my R1T.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

so i have a reservation for an R1T and got the email to configure my truck. here's a bit of fun price comparison between the configurator and the current visualizer:

R1T Visualizer
R1T
LA Silver
BM
Dual Motor
Standard battery pack
RUS
20" AT (no spare)
Price: $77,500

R1T Configurator (reservation holder who received email to configure)
R1T
LA Silver
BM
Quad Motor
Large battery pack
All Terrain Upgrade package (RUS, 20" AT, spare tire)
Price: $90,850

there is no price on the dual motor in the configurator so i have no idea what it will cost. i guess they wont release that until the dual motor is actually an option because then the price locks.

so based on the visualizer if i guesstimate the prices for the configurator, i would reduce the price by $8000 (from quad to dual) and $6000 (large pack to standard pack). this would theoretically get me to $76,850, meaning the spare would cost $650 if i make the total prices between visualizer and configurator match. of course, thats just total guess.

Last edited:

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
so i have a reservation for an R1T and got the email to configure my truck. here's a bit of fun price comparison between the configurator and the current visualizer:

R1T Visualizer
R1T
LA Silver
BM
Dual Motor
Standard battery pack
RUS
20" AT (no spare)
Price: $77,500

R1T Configurator (reservation holder who received email to configure)
R1T
LA Silver
BM
Quad Motor
Large battery pack
All Terrain Upgrade package (RUS, 20" AT, spare tire)
Price: $90,850

there is no price on the dual motor in the configurator so i have no idea what it will cost. i guess they wont release that until the dual motor is actually an option because then the price locks.

so based on the visualizer if i guesstimate the prices for the configurator, i would reduce the price by $8000 (from quad to dual) and $6000 (large pack to standard pack). this would theoretically get me to $76,850, meaning the spare would cost $650 if i make the total prices between visualizer and configurator match. of course, thats just total guess.
Rivian R1T R1S Just ordered another R1T giphy

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

1st edition truck from a new manufacturer. I have needed a lot of service too, can't imagine the service costs would have been cheap without a warranty.

Sponsored

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
1st edition truck from a new manufacturer. I have needed a lot of service too, can't imagine the service costs would have been cheap without a warranty.
Got it..... Just always wondered why folks got rid of cars so quickly..... I keep them for a long time.... Thanks for indulging me....

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Welp, I guess I'm committed to the brand. I just ordered another R1T but when I can configure it I'm going to go Max Pack with Dual Motors. I don't care if it takes a couple years to be built and if charging improves in those couple years I may cancel. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for me to be able to configure the truck.
Very interested to hear your experience with the two trucks and how they compare.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Couple years.....you'll have it by Xmas.... that reminds me. Merry Christmas 🎅!!!!!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
What ‘da…. I’m going to call Endless…. 🤣

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What ‘da…. I’m going to call Endless…. 🤣
No!!!! LOL, maybe I was too soon...I just found out they're replacing my passenger side front drive unit. It was making a strange baseball card in spokes type of sound.
Sponsored