Sponsored

Rivian R1T Colors - Previews

BGS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just sold my F150 in anticipation of buying a Jeep Gladiator. That is, until I found you guys. Currently driving a 19 Mitsubishi Elcipse Cross because they had 0% financing. Also, a couple Harleys in the garage.
Clubs

Hoping for a few flat colors...Jeeps Gobi or Sting Gray. I think they would go well with the adventure theme of these trucks.
Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Ah, yes, @CappyJax, you beat me to it. :fist bump: Most definitely second the vote for burnt copper (or an orange rust)!! My next choice would be a metallic root beer.

7c6dfc931e70b7822fd89da89ad57d50.jpg

I know this thread indicates color choices for the R1T but I don't see any reason why they couldn't be also available for the R1S.
Volvo has a nice Maple Brown. That is what color I currently have and really like it.

Rivnut1

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, 1954 Jaguar XK120, 1950 Tatra Tatraplan T600, 1958 Cameo Carrier Pick up, 1963 Mercury Comet S-22 Convertible
I'm split on whether to get the R1T or S.. at the moment I'm leaning toward the R1S. I saw a very pale periwinkle color somewhere that I really liked, but haven't been able to find the image again. It was spacey, futuristic and very pleasing to the eye. I really like the white with black roof too for the R1S... super sexy, but I don't like white for cars in general so probably wouldn't get one in that color.

The light blue metallic is also really pretty, or light seafoam green... those are my choices.

N8DFetzer

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav 4, R1T Launch Edition Green
I would love this truck in an earth tone, and even more so in two tone. Here's Reference. Personally I'll be looking into doing a vinyl wrap for the R1-T whenever it arrives to give a fighting chance of survival out here in Los Angeles.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T Colors - Previews Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 1.28.31 PM

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
New I would love this truck in an earth tone, and even more so in two tone.
I'm hoping to see a Gobi tan option, not too far off from the bottom color in your pic.

Rivnut1

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, 1954 Jaguar XK120, 1950 Tatra Tatraplan T600, 1958 Cameo Carrier Pick up, 1963 Mercury Comet S-22 Convertible
Your gold and maroon (root beer) is a very attractive combo! But I like it on a vintage hot rod more than I think I would like it on a Rivian. The Rivian is so futuristic it deserves a very modern color scheme that alludes to the future. Colors that will play up it's unconventional face and stand out. Of course it's hard to say how this combo would look on a Rivian without doing a mock up.

Estolworthy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti and Kia
Occupation
LEO
Black... with white interior.
That's exactly how I want it. I love the blacked out look on the exterior. Then opening the doors to see the beautiful white interior would make it pop. I'm just concerned about the white getting dirty. My tan leather is more brownish now.

Sponsored

Nuclearn8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 GX460, '05 Corolla
I've always loved a dark green metallic color (very few 4x4's available in this color range though...).
I also think it'd be neat to offer a bare aluminum finish (only on the exterior... the interior and underside of course would be painted black), kind of like an airstream, it can look weathered but be refinished to look like new after 20 years with a buffer. There's also something to be said for less (paint/coatings) is more regarding sustainability initiatives... less paint /coatings should also mean a slightly lower cost... (also slightly lighter vehicle) (if the vehicle doesn't get painted its one less step in the manufacturing)... this would require a high level of confidence/quality in the stamping of body panels though... no primer/paint to hide imperfections but for me the imperfections are part of the rawness, I like to see the material for what it is.
Lastly, I like the gold'ish yellow... or the color of a walleye/ pickeral shimmering in the sun would be high on my list

Last edited: