Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

https://rivian.com/experience

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619128199437

Car buying made simple.
You can manage the entire purchase process on your phone or computer. If you ever have a question, your personal Rivian Guide is here to help. To ensure your happiness, you have 7 days or 1,000 miles to return your vehicle after it’s delivered. Our goal is to make buying a Rivian easy and transparent.

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619128869761

Rivian R1T R1S Official: Rivian Experience – Purchasing, Return Policy & Charging 1619128877932

https://rivian.com/support/article/how-do-trade-ins-work

How do trade-ins work?
A trade-in is used as a credit towards your new Rivian.

Rivian will make a trade-in offer during our online ordering process. We accept most makes and models of vehicles as trade-in, though some may require manual review.

These decisions are determined by a combination of user-supplied information, market value and vehicle history. Rivian will collect your trade-in vehicle on delivery day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Lot of cool nuggets in here,, mostly what they have been sharing the last few weeks. At https://rivian.com/experience/charging is a zoomable map of the DCFC map they previously published.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Oof, my expectations were way too high for what we’d get today

Last edited:

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Lot of cool nuggets in here,, mostly what they have been sharing the last few weeks. At https://rivian.com/experience/charging is a zoomable map of the DCFC map they previously published.
Based on their statement about using the app to initiate charging on third party CCS, it appears they will not offer plug and charge for Electrify America stations. :facepalm:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Oof, my expectations were way to high for what we’d get today
You gotta quit having expectations... they can only lead to disappointment.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Based on their statement about using the app to initiate charging on third party CCS, it appears they will not offer plug and charge for Electrify America stations. :facepalm:
Perhaps that will come in the future.

discsinthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Element
Oof, my expectations were way to high for what we’d get today
Did you just look at the main link or did you follow all the branches? Seems like there are quite a few new nuggets if you go through all the pages.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Having seen how well it went for the Mustang, adding it later seems like a good idea.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Rivian will make a trade-in offer during our online ordering process.
This is interesting - they’re likely going to low-ball the number because more than a few weeks will pass between finalizing the order and taking delivery. Most trade in offers from auto dealers only last around a week from what I’ve seen.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

This is interesting - they’re likely going to low-ball the number because more than a few weeks will pass between finalizing the order and taking delivery. Most trade in offers from auto dealers only last around a week from what I’ve seen.
You could always sell in a private sale where you're almost guaranteed to have a better return, but everyone's situation is different.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
My wife learned that early on. Probably why we’re still married.
Yup. It's the secret to life, love and happiness. ?
Sponsored