First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Thanks guys. In this day and age, I cannot imagine anyone launching a high-tech vehicle without excellent integration with smart phones.
I concur...but Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ARE NOT the be all end all, nor high tech. Let's wait and see what Rivian delivers.
Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I concur...but Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ARE NOT the be all end all, nor high tech. Let's wait and see what Rivian delivers.
Agreed. Iā€˜m sure Rivian has long considered this.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I've had to rule that one out. Every time I have asked my wife for a Hummer, she says no.
Maybe it would help if you told her that you're actually trying to get one from someone else? ?

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Shoot, @jimcgov3 said he's cancelling if Rivian announces that they are including CP/AA!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This is just not correct. Jeep has implemented integration thorough bluetooth so using the buttons on the steering wheel you can engage Siri on the iPhone.
That is called Siri Eyes Free. Did you not read my post????

Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I wasnā€™t able to find a thread I. A quick glance, but has anyone talked with rivian about the steering wheel? Is that the final production spec? The previously listed wheel looks very high class to me, like a Porsche/Range Rover wheel, and I love it. The thin bottom spokes, the different inside/outside trim, the stitching on the airbag...

Seeing as the wheel is what you look at and touch the most in a car, I was excited at how nice it was, and am not enthused at what appears to be the updated ā€œproduction specā€ wheel. Looks much more plastic and basic.

Rivian R1T R1S Vent, B!tch & Moaning for the mis-"Guided" A935A1B7-A99D-4446-8312-2E91A8349357

Rivian R1T R1S Vent, B!tch & Moaning for the mis-"Guided" 8433EB81-D151-4666-8AF6-D73F91E1F347

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I told her I was paying to get a Hummer and that didnā€™t help.
In Georgia, you can only buy your Hummer through an independent dealer. Itā€™s the law! She must understand that?

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I wasnā€™t able to find a thread I. A quick glance, but has anyone talked with rivian about the steering wheel? Is that the final production spec? The previously listed wheel looks very high class to me, like a Porsche/Range Rover wheel, and I love it. The thin bottom spokes, the different inside/outside trim, the stitching on the airbag...

Seeing as the wheel is what you look at and touch the most in a car, I was excited at how nice it was, and am not enthused at what appears to be the updated ā€œproduction specā€ wheel. Looks much more plastic and basic.
Iā€™m more concerned about the functionality of the controls on the steering wheel. It looks like they went with a scroll wheel (up/down) that you nudge side to side (left/right) and press in (select). With this setup Iā€™ve accidentally moved the scroll wheel while nudging or pressing in, Iā€™ve accidentally pressed in while scrolling or nudging, and Iā€™ve accidentally nudged while scrolling or pressing in.

Maybe Iā€™m less coordinated than the average person, but this interface is very frustrating to me, especially in a moving vehicle. I find a setup with four directional arrow buttons and select button in the center to be much easier to use.
Sponsored