Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Seems like a ton of confirm your configuration emails have gone out tonight. Nervous excitement here!

In other news, a horrible thought occurred to me. How Rivian would be be to confirm a bunch of configurations and then a day or two later announce a bunch of new options, colors, etc!?

Rivian R1T R1S 📬 Tons of "Confirm Your Configuration" emails have gone out tonight 1/6/23!!! Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 19.38.13
Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Or is this part of their process to provide new delivery windows this month? So I must add that my last estimate was 2024 (for a 2020 preorder), but now I received the "confirm your configuration" email and I have a guide assigned.

Should I be excited or did everyone get this, in which case this is another kick to the nuts by Rivian???

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Or is this part of their process to provide new delivery windows this month? So I must add that my last estimate was 2024 (for a 2020 preorder), but now I received the "confirm your configuration" email and I have a guide assigned.

Should I be excited or did everyone get this, in which case this is another kick to the nuts by Rivian???
My R1S reservation was submitted 12 months after you. I did not get this email from Rivian tonight.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
My R1S reservation was submitted 12 months after you. I did not get this email from Rivian tonight.
Thanks for your fast and succinct response. Based upon your response, I am hopeful that I may have a new date assigned, and just emailed my guide for clarification. But that is n=1, so there is plenty of time for someone here to demolish any hope I have :)

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Seems like a ton of confirm your configuration emails have gone out tonight. Nervous excitement here!

In other news, a horrible thought occurred to me. How Rivian would be be to confirm a bunch of configurations and then a day or two later announce a bunch of new options, colors, etc!?

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 19.38.13.png
Awesome! To put things in perspective, I was also a 12/21 order and I got the confirm email in 11/22 and was assigned a guide. I still haven’t gotten my VIN but according to my guide he’s expecting it s00n :giggle:

My point: enjoy the adventure!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I got mine as well…7/2019-3.5 years later. I contacted Kim Java and I’m sure she got me cut in line ahead of you 2018 suckers.
Real party now!! Break out the laughing gas!!

OP
OP
zefram47

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm sure it's primarily part of recalculating new delivery windows. But it would be par for the course if they announced a bunch of stuff we can't get now. I was a Dec 2021 preorder in Colorado, but had been Max Pack. I only changed 2 weeks ago and probably could've had a truck already if I'd made the change earlier.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I still haven’t gotten my VIN but according to my guide he’s expecting it s00n :giggle:

You’ll get your VIN when your 8-steps opens, and it all happens super fast after that. I got my confirmation of config on 11/21, and had truck by 12/29 … so get ready. They actually wanted to deliver sooner.

Sponsored

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Excited for you guys/gals!! I got my R1T 2 months ago and I absolutely love it as the best vehicle I have ever driven. And I have driven some nice ones. Love everything about it (except the DOA powered tonneau with uncertain future). But who cares. I drive around the coolest car in town. Enjoy the process!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Definitely the "nuts" thing....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Awesome! To put things in perspective, I was also a 12/21 order and I got the confirm email in 11/22 and was assigned a guide. I still haven’t gotten my VIN but according to my guide he’s expecting it s00n :giggle:

Kim Java would be proud