Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

Rob P

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2014 BMW 650 convertible, 2014 Mercedes C class wife, 4 Dodge Rams trucks for work
Occupation
Own a Landscape and Christmas decorating company
I am guessing that it it protective plastic over the screen on the prototype
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Who takes these pics when they are at a charging station and doesn't check on the charging rate?!

Also, I sort of can't believe someone hasn't tailed them until they get to a charger to check it out. Shit, the Ioniq 5 was stumbled upon by OutofSpec at an EA station by accident.
SeaGeo,

Great point about tailing a Rivian and capturing some good shots when it's charging and no one's there, like Dominic did in his "Underneath: 360⁰ Footage..." thread. His mission was to get down and dirty and capture the underside and he accomplshed it with some great pics and video.

I have to admit, I'd probably get transfixed by the big, bright, shiny (hopefully) Launch Green object and forget to capture the charge rate, even if that was my main mission. ADHD works that way.

I don't know about the Ioniq 5 siting you're referencing, but I suspect that many of the "spy shots" we see of soon-to-be-released vehicles are leaked by company personnel to pique our interest. All too often, they're as much "reality" as Keeping up with the....Survivor....Housewives of....blah, blah, blah. That said, at least when these cars are ready for their adoring public, all of their parts are original equipment, even if some of those parts were added at the last minute.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Is this a malfunctioning DRL bar?

Alternatively, could be caps from a video, which always makes LEDs look wonky.
cohall, I've noticed a couple of the videos that give the light bar and other lights an almost strobocscopic effect. I'm guessing a slower capture rate of a cell phone, but it sure can be annoying.

I hated dsco back in the day, and I still hate disco and pretty much anything that reminds me of it. Stroboscopic effects are high on that list.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is this a malfunctioning DRL bar?

Alternatively, could be caps from a video, which always makes LEDs look wonky.
I'm guessing it's a combination of Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) on the controller running the LEDs and rolling-shutter in the camera.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I hated dsco back in the day, and I still hate disco and pretty much anything that reminds me of it. Stroboscopic effects are high on that list.
Stare into the ball and launch green will be revealed... ?

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1616612277060

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

MD - that seems like a first.
Couldnt even tell but we did have this roaming around here localish today. First East coast sighting really.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1616612338112
Sponsored