First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
That is strange. They removed my spare and cross bars after “confirming” my order with my guide. I can almost understand the crossbars, but a spare is not just extra gear to most. Kinda important.
:asshat:
Spare and cross bars removed from my R1S order - April - June 23 delivery. Crossbars - meh. Spare? yeah I want that.... :(
Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Configurator has been updated to change EPA estimates on the R1T and remove almost all of the adventure gear options.

New estimates are 289 / 303 / 328

Only thing left for Adventure Gear is the Underbody Shield and the Manual Tonneau cover.

Incidentally I have a confirmed configuration from late last month that has had all of the adventure gear removed. From the recovery gear to the spare tire to the crossbars. Ugh.

Screenshot_20221214-223833.png
Screenshot_20221214-223839.png
Screenshot_20221214-223843.png
Maybe they’re upgrading these things. It’s common for an end of use item to show out of stock before being updated.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
My 'confirmed configuration' also had the spare tire removed. A real communications miss - again - if they are removing items like that without communicating it in advance rather than having us find it by chance.

Edit: Realized my floor mats were also removed. They still show in the shop but no option to buy them for the R1S - only the R1T.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
And the update is glitchy. I have an R1s and the text said here is your R1T with the pic of my R1s. What is going on with these guys . . . . I have a rooftop tent so really liked the roof rack holding 250. Ski rack? Hmm?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
My 'confirmed configuration' also had the spare tire removed. A real communications miss - again - if they are removing items like that without communicating it in advance rather than having us find it by chance.
Yes but not a miss. Someone realized this would be the response. A poor decision . . . . Let's be real - I have slowed down checking my res and I still check 1x a week. Not a chance issue : )

Sponsored

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW I confirmed late Nov and started 8-step yesterday, my configuration still shows these items (8-step, don’t have old view available). Maybe it was a site update that’s not showing correctly, I would think at least the confirmed configurations are locked.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
If these changes hold in existing configurations, and this isn't a glitch, that's interesting they would do this.

I know Rivian is short on full size spare tires. The wheels/tires aren't the issue, they have a shortage of jacks and accessories. Our guide told us this is a supplier issue. We're getting our truck next week without the spare. We've been told they will eventually be available for sale in the gear shop.

We signed our purchase contract yesterday and fortunately we had all of our accessories in there.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
FWIW I confirmed late Nov and started 8-step yesterday, my configuration still shows these items (8-step, don’t have old view available). Maybe it was a site update that’s not showing correctly, I would think at least the confirmed configurations are locked.
If you have your 8-steps, they should be listed in your purchase contract.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
If these changes hold in existing configurations, and this isn't a glitch, that's interesting they would do this.

I know Rivian is short on full size spare tires. The wheels/tires aren't the issue, they have a shortage of jacks and accessories. Our guide told us this is a supplier issue. We're getting our truck next week without the spare. We've been told they will eventually be available for sale in the gear shop.

We signed our purchase contract yesterday and fortunately we had all of our accessories in there.
@virgnia_rivian Did Rivian ask if you wanted to take the truck without the spare? Or just tell you it was ready but no spare would come with?

I am just curious if having a spare in my configuration (at least before today) will keep me from getting matched or if they'd ask me to move forward without.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
@virgnia_rivian Did Rivian ask if you wanted to take the truck without the spare? Or just tell you it was ready but no spare would come with?

I am just curious if having a spare in my configuration (at least before today) will keep me from getting matched or if they'd ask me to move forward without.
Our guide hand matched us to a VIN of an available truck in Normal, IL that matched our config. minus the spare. He didn't say specifically that the spare was holding us up from getting a VIN match, but he told us the supply chain issues.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Screen grabs are from current configurator. My order date was Feb of 22, I didn't include any screen grabs from that. My configuration that I confirmed a few weeks ago has adventure gear removed. I'm not too concerned, just find it curious.
Why are you looking at the current visualizer and not the configurator for your own pre-March pricing? Go in to your configuration and fuss with it….you don’t have to save the changes.

Last edited:

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

It’s interesting that in my confirmed configuration they removed the spare but didn’t change the price. I guess I pay for it now but get it later. 🤷‍♂️ Weird.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian configurator showing new EPA range estimates and removal of nearly all  Adventure Gear options 8151351C-67F1-4419-8D40-1F47E84B414F

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Its all still in the Gear Shop for purchase, I guess Rivian just won't include that stuff with your initial vehicle order now. Assuming to streamline the process?
At least for the cross bars and level 2 charger they have also raised the prices. Pretty lousy they do this with no explanation. Poor business.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
It’s interesting that in my confirmed configuration they removed the spare but didn’t change the price. I guess I pay for it now but get it later. 🤷‍♂️ Weird.
8151351C-67F1-4419-8D40-1F47E84B414F.png
Mine was removed and price reduced.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe they’re upgrading these things. It’s common for an end of use item to show out of stock before being updated.
That's a possibility, but poor planning and execution. An SKU change to a customer configuration due to inventory revisions should be transparent to the end user's order, and not screw Rivian co-workers by triggering thousands of guide contacts with customers asking "WTF".
Sponsored