LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Likewise my "confirmed order" that I was unable to alter was unilaterally changed by Rivian to remove the full-size spare and set of crossbars. I just don't understand how (or if) Rivian rationalizes these kinds of moves....

I took the opportunity when emailing my so-called guide to restore items to also change from 20" AT's to 22" Bright Sports for the better range economy. I just don't care for the look of the 21's even if that offered 350 miles, I'd settle for the 303 miles.
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
It’s interesting that in my confirmed configuration they removed the spare but didn’t change the price. I guess I pay for it now but get it later. 🤷‍♂️ Weird.
8151351C-67F1-4419-8D40-1F47E84B414F.png
Same for me. Spare tire was removed but estimated price was not adjusted accordingly.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
At least for the cross bars and level 2 charger they have also raised the prices. Pretty lousy they do this with no explanation. Poor business.
It's a lose-lose situation for them. If they make an official communication/ announcement, media will pick it up and they will have a mini repeat of last year's hike pr fiasco. If they don't, everyone with pre-order is standing in line with a pitch fork.

I personally think it's unreasonable to expect rivian to match accessories pricing from 2 years ago. I feel adding accessories as part of the configurator build was a mistake to begin with.

I am sure management cannot wait to be done with the pre-orders and move on to fulfilling recent orders

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have an R1T preorder from Nov. 28, 2018. I have an estimated delivery date of 2024 because I live over 300 miles from the nearest Rivian Service Center. I just check my Configuration Sheet. The full size spare and floor mats are gone. My price is down to $74,500 and the estimated range is up to 328. I did not receive any notice of these changes. What a way to do business. You would think that they could come up with a spare tire and some rubber floor mats over the next two years.

I will keep checking to see if they have deleted the steering wheel and driver's seat.

Brian

Last edited:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My price was reduced after they removed the spare/ crossbars from my order. The fact that it was not adjusted for others makes me think this might be a glitch? Just seems inconsistent other than similar items being removed from each order.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Personally, I have no problem with pricing adjustments. I do, however, expect the total price to be equal to the sum of the prices of the vehicle and configured options.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I just checked my configuration. Both the spare and all-weather mats were removed and the total estimated price was reduced. I’m curious to see if there is an after-the-fact communication about this.

I can buy mats elsewhere, but the lack of a spare, even the R1S inflatable, can be the difference between being stranded and not.

edit: I’ll be fine if they offer these items for sale in the gear shop, even at newer pricing.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
It's a lose-lose situation for them. If they make an official communication/ announcement, media will pick it up and they will have a mini repeat of last year's hike pr fiasco. If they don't, everyone with pre-order is standing in line with a pitch fork.

I personally think it's unreasonable to expect rivian to match accessories pricing from 2 years ago. I feel adding accessories as part of the configurator build was a mistake to begin with.

I am sure management cannot wait to be done with the pre-orders and move on to fulfilling recent orders
I agree with the 2 year old price. But mine was just after March 1 so I had the new pricing now it went up again. If it's new and improved I would be ok.

Last edited:

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I’m starting to think that maybe it’s just a coding mistake and it will be corrected shortly.

Whelp…never mind

Last edited:

Sponsored

Impatient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX350
Interesting. I just checked my config that I locked in with my guide a month ago and all my additions are gone (spare, cross bars, bike rack, etc.). I’m most annoyed about the spare. An email would have been nice.
interestingly I had the spare configured and it is still in place. Hope that sticks. I am on 8 steps status.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Tony's gonna have some 'splaining to do tomorrow.... :facepalm:

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

New email, indicating existing pricing will still be available, just through the gear shop (presumably when you are logged in):

Hi,​
We’re writing to inform you about an update we’re making to how our Adventure Gear is purchased. Certain products will no longer be available in the configurator and will need to be purchased separately in the Gear Shop.

Due to this change, the following items have been removed from your order and the total price of your vehicle has been adjusted in your Account:

All-Weather Floor Mats
Cargo Crossbars
Field Kit
Off-Road Recovery Kit
Compact Spare Tire

We are updating the Gear Shop now. In early 2023, prices in the Gear Shop will be adjusted to match your current pricing. We will notify you when that’s complete. At this time, financing will be unavailable for items purchased in the Gear Shop. We are exploring ways to re-introduce the ability to finance Adventure Gear in the future. When you take delivery of your R1S, your Adventure Gear will ship separately.

We will share more updates early next year. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please reach out. We’re here to help.​

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Likewise my "confirmed order" that I was unable to alter was unilaterally changed by Rivian to remove the full-size spare and set of crossbars. I just don't understand how (or if) Rivian rationalizes these kinds of moves....

I took the opportunity when emailing my so-called guide to restore items to also change from 20" AT's to 22" Bright Sports for the better range economy. I just don't care for the look of the 21's even if that offered 350 miles, I'd settle for the 303 miles.
lol... you'll probably get the "I can do that, but any changes to your configuration will impact your delivery estimate" line...
Sponsored