Sponsored

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
I decided to google ProClip Rivian to see if there was any news and lo and behold they have released their mounts. Unfortunately the one that puts the phone in the ideal location is really unsightly. There is another mount that clips into the center of the passenger dash that is currently out of stock, but also puts the phone too far from view/reach for my liking. I'm tempted to order anyway because I am usually a function over form guy, but this is really pushing it.

https://www.proclipusa.com/collections/dashboard-mounts-rivian-r1t-2022

Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options proclip.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options 855822-d
Sponsored

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

you are not wrong, that is an ugly mount

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Hard pass on that dash mount.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I used to love ProClip mounts, but after there were smaller, nicer looking mounts available I stopped buying them. They are definitely sturdy And off-road worthy though.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Highly recommend the Peak Design Car Mount for the R1T. Super minimal looking. I set mine up to the left of the wheel and it works great, but you could put it anywhere along the dash.

Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options 1669218166750
Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options 1669218184238

gt28

First Name
G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi S5 Cabriolet, 4 Wranglers
Occupation
Professional Email Deleter
I have the mag back that put in that same spot over on the left dash by the window. It’s “fine”. Charging cable issues, window worries Etc. would just be nice if they added something a little more technologically current to the current infotainment stack.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ve never seen these, how do they actually secure to the dash? Especially the left side one

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I’ve never seen these, how do they actually secure to the dash? Especially the left side one
They were one of the first to sell mounts that aren't suction or vent only. Most of them wedge and/ or use some small amount of mounting tape.

Here is the instructions for the lower dash mount. Looks like it would fit anywhere along that center trim strip.

http://docs.proclipusa.com/instructions/855822

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Finally!

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
Highly recommend the Peak Design Car Mount for the R1T. Super minimal looking. I set mine up to the left of the wheel and it works great, but you could put it anywhere along the dash.

1669218166750.png
1669218184238.png
Is this phone holder strong enough with just magsafe to hold a newer, heavy iphone?

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Is this phone holder strong enough with just magsafe to hold a newer, heavy iphone?
Yes, peak design cases and mounts use really strong magnets. Even under full acceleration, it’s not coming off

but the problem with that specific mount is you have to vhb tape the base to your vinyl dash

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting

Yes, its strong. I have an iphone 14 Pro max and the magnet is strong enough for my phone. The problem is as mentioned above having to tape it to the dash.

propofoldream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Welp... I was hoping for something more. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Riviparts PRO setup (with the Spigen Onetap Pro). It mounts in a way that is much more visible and usable, not to mention it doesn't require any adhesives to the dash AND it charges my phone.
Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options IMG_1373
Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options IMG_1376
Sponsored