Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Welp... I was hoping for something more. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Riviparts PRO setup (with the Spigen Onetap Pro). It mounts in a way that is much more visible and usable, not to mention it doesn't require any adhesives to the dash AND it charges my phone.
IMG_1373.jpeg
IMG_1376.jpeg
I would very much appreciate knowing how you attached the 2 components together. I like the look of this setup and think it would work for me.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I've been experimenting with this lately. It's motorized!

Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

I think it's pretty neat, overall, and have been debating on posting a video about it. It uses the 17MM ball mount and is available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Z3CLK4

Video is slightly sped up as I had to edit it to get it to fit on the forum.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Is this phone holder strong enough with just magsafe to hold a newer, heavy iphone?
Easily! I have a Peak Design Mobile case so it's a bit stronger (since the case has magnets), but it will easily hold my 14 Pro Max naked or in a MagSafe case even with spirited offroad driving.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Can we get some details on how you ran that wire?
There's a tiny gap behind the wood fascia. I just tucked the wire in there and followed it around until it meets the wheel, then ran it along the gap between the wheel and the dash. The mount includes a couple adhesive clips you can use for cable routing - I used these to cross underneath the wheel and the bottom of the dash to the 12V outlet. It's cutting it a bit close on length (almost zero slack) but I was able to route it flush against the bottom of the dash so it's invisible from a sitting position with very little effort. Non invasive.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Might be saving some money and not getting a ProClip for a new car for the first time in about 13 years.

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Highly recommend the Peak Design Car Mount for the R1T. Super minimal looking. I set mine up to the left of the wheel and it works great, but you could put it anywhere along the dash.

1669218166750.png
1669218184238.png
+1 to this, Peak Design’s charging car mount is pricy but it looks great, is rock solid, plus it’s made by a great small American startup.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Welp... I was hoping for something more. Looks like I'll be sticking with the Riviparts PRO setup (with the Spigen Onetap Pro). It mounts in a way that is much more visible and usable, not to mention it doesn't require any adhesives to the dash AND it charges my phone.
IMG_1373.jpeg
IMG_1376.jpeg
I use that same setup and am mostly happy with it. Sometimes I have to adjust the phone to avoid being in the way of the right-hand stalk, but otherwise it works.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Rob, I flew to Miami this morning to pick up my truck. I brought my console basket and phone holder. My delivery guy was AMAZED with the phone holder. After a 6 hour drive straight north, I can tell you the phone holder is truly an awesome product. I wouldn’t change a thing. Any your linked MagSafe holder worked perfectly. Please keep up the great work- I look forward to your next creations! The phone holder with MagSafe is a perfect cable guide for my valentine-1 radar detector until I find a switched 12-volt power source in the rear-view and camera assembly

Rivian R1T R1S ProClip Phone Mount Released For Rivian -- Angled & Center Dash Options B16D0D8D-94B1-4C7D-AA66-AA428343CDA0
Sponsored