Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Business Analyst
Hey folks

Iliya with TWRAPS again. I am happy to announce that I'm finally ready with our solution for painless iPhone charging in the Rivian!
The MagSafe charger sits flush against the existing QI pad, without causing any interference, vampire drain or heating. It features a 'pocket hole' so you can still access that small pocket in the front. It also comes with both MagSafe pucks - 15W each. I make this with premium acrylic which I laser cut. It's a waffle of 3 layers which are welded together, where the top layer allows the iPhone's camera to sit flush against the middle layer, making the iPhone stay completely flat and secured.

Our intro price is $99.95. Shipping of the matte black starts on Monday (Nov 21) and of all other colors shipping starts by Nov 28.
I am also happy to say that this coincides with our Black Friday / Cyber Monday promo so you can enjoy 15% off with coupon code: SOFARSOGOOD

You can pre-order the MagSafe charger for Rivian R1T/R1S here:
https://twraps.com/products/magsafe-charger-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

Presentation1 - Ash Wood.jpg
I don’t even have my truck yet but I ordered a few things. Keep up the great work
Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I don’t even have my truck yet but I ordered a few things. Keep up the great work
Thank you! 🍻 Here is to impatience! (I am the same with cars! 😃)

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

You just put it on top of the existing mat (refer to picture 3), connect the two USB-C cables and you are good to go. No real installation, you just put it there, connect it and that's it :)
Ilya - I don't even have an R1T yet but I'm ordering to have when I finally get my delivery. Great work and thanks for sponsoring the forum and engaging with the community to help fill the accessory gap for the R1 vehicles.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Hey folks

Iliya with TWRAPS again. I am happy to announce that I'm finally ready with our solution for painless iPhone charging in the Rivian!
The MagSafe charger sits flush against the existing QI pad, without causing any interference, vampire drain or heating. It features a 'pocket hole' so you can still access that small pocket in the front. It also comes with both MagSafe pucks - 15W each. I make this with premium acrylic which I laser cut. It's a waffle of 3 layers which are welded together, where the top layer allows the iPhone's camera to sit flush against the middle layer, making the iPhone stay completely flat and secured.

Our intro price is $99.95. Shipping of the matte black starts on Monday (Nov 21) and of all other colors shipping starts by Nov 28.
I am also happy to say that this coincides with our Black Friday / Cyber Monday promo so you can enjoy 15% off with coupon code: SOFARSOGOOD

You can pre-order the MagSafe charger for Rivian R1T/R1S here:
https://twraps.com/products/magsafe-charger-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

Presentation1 - Ash Wood.jpg
Very nice! These will be flying off the shelves, me thinks! Nice work, @twraps

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I already own 2 MagSafe pucks….
Good point! I wonder how many others are in a similar situation? If you are, let Iliya know as I’m sure he will figure something out, if the demand is really there.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@twraps is the best. Some of the other companies feel like they’re trying to ride the gravy train. I feel like you’re the real deal. Thanks for all you do for the Rivian community!
@twraps is the real deal! Have purchased Tesla products from them in the past and always a first rate experience!

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks so much guys! Indeed, the pre-orders are more than I ever hoped for, so now I am looking to urgently buy more lasers and in the meantime I am glued to the one I have. First shipments will start on Tuesday (ironically due to delayed packaging which is coming on Monday).

Over the next few weeks I will be checking a few more colors and will decide on maybe-final color options and at that point I will see if it's viable to offer options like "No pucks, assemble it yourself" or original Apple pucks vs generic ones (the generic ones I currently use are well rated though: https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Wir...869156&sprefix=magsafe+charge,aps,143&sr=8-15) and in the meantime I am working on making custom ones for us, so that we can have both pucks be charged with a single cord, leaving you a spare USB-C in the armrest.

waitingforrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Thanks so much guys! Indeed, the pre-orders are more than I ever hoped for, so now I am looking to urgently buy more lasers and in the meantime I am glued to the one I have. First shipments will start on Tuesday (ironically due to delayed packaging which is coming on Monday).

Over the next few weeks I will be checking a few more colors and will decide on maybe-final color options and at that point I will see if it's viable to offer options like "No pucks, assemble it yourself" or original Apple pucks vs generic ones (the generic ones I currently use are well rated though: https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Wireless-JSAUX-Compatible-Charger-Blue/dp/B095BZFX4L/ref=sr_1_15?crid=VKI5LBYCLBSS&keywords=magsafe+charger&qid=1668869156&sprefix=magsafe+charge,aps,143&sr=8-15) and in the meantime I am working on making custom ones for us, so that we can have both pucks be charged with a single cord, leaving you a spare USB-C in the armrest.
This third party charger can only provide 7.5W charging to iPhones (according to Q&A at your Amazon link), could we swap with Apple ones ourselves with current version?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

This third party charger can only provide 7.5W charging to iPhones (according to Q&A at your Amazon link), could we swap with Apple ones ourselves with current version?
Ah, that's a good point! I updated my listing to make that clear.
But it's a strong argument for Apple pucks. As I said earlier, I am very open to the idea of adding Apple pucks, but as anything - it takes time and right now I want to fulfill these pre-orders asap. In about a week or so when I am done, I will find the time to list that as an option and make photos (as the apple ones are white only). Will also check to see which materials that white works with.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
To be honest, I mostly want it for the stability of the phone in the MagSafe. I almost never need to charge my phone outside of getting home in the evening. I have had my phone fly into unknown locations in the back of the truck or sideways when I am driving a little enthusiastically… I think this will help keep it in place.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired

Over the next few weeks I will be checking a few more colors and will decide on maybe-final color options and at that point I will see if it's viable to offer options like "No pucks, assemble it yourself" or original Apple pucks vs generic ones (the generic ones I currently use are well rated though: https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Wireless-JSAUX-Compatible-Charger-Blue/dp/B095BZFX4L/ref=sr_1_15?crid=VKI5LBYCLBSS&keywords=magsafe+charger&qid=1668869156&sprefix=magsafe+charge,aps,143&sr=8-15) and in the meantime I am working on making custom ones for us, so that we can have both pucks be charged with a single cord, leaving you a spare USB-C in the armrest.
It would be nice if the brush black come with the lowerplate as well. Two different materials for black is somewhat sketchy IMO.

netjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Best buy and amazon are selling the original 15W pucks for $30. Any chance we can get those for 15W charging? Will both phones charge at 15w?

Barda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivan Blue R1T
Noted! Let me get my s**t together manufacturing this (because I got way more orders than I imagined I could get) and I will add options for original Apple MagSafe chargers...have in mind this is going to be a hefty price tag, as those are $40 a puck and I have no access to buy them any cheaper :(
Currently $30 on Amazon.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I tried but there is a limit of 3 per person. No exceptions for businesses. I might release a DIY version without pucks as an alternative. But as I said- let me catch up on early production and changes that come with it. Give me a week or two 👍
Sponsored