Sponsored

Barda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivan Blue R1T
How does the ash wood compare to the dash ash wood color. Any chance you can share a side by side comparison photo?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Aha, valid point!
Is there any concern above putting MagSafe chargers over the existing charger? I like the idea that this just slips in without having to replace any parts.

Also any chance you have a installed pick of the brushed black with the black interior? Thanks!

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

How does the ash wood compare to the dash ash wood color. Any chance you can share a side by side comparison photo?
The ash wood has a greenish tint to it, and it works really well (in my mind) with the green leather interior. It's not really a match for the dash wood though. I am testing a darker color next week (awaiting to receive it) which I hope will be better fit for the dash. Here is an unedited photo...the dash is the same wood as the armrest's wood, and this R1T has green leather. You can see the ash wood (MagSafe) is a better match for the leather than the wood trim.

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS IMG_2264.JPG

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Is there any concern above putting MagSafe chargers over the existing charger? I like the idea that this just slips in without having to replace any parts.

Also any chance you have a installed pick of the brushed black with the black interior? Thanks!
I tested this for a few days and there appears to be no issues in terms of interference or heating (or anything noticeable, really). One contributing factor might be the fact that my MagSafe charger has a bottom plate too, so when you add up all the layers, I think the OEM QI chargers just don't reach that much. If you try placing your phone about 1/4" above the OEM QI chargers, it should not register & charge at all, and I think that's the reason for lack of interference. Here is what the bottom looks like (for now...might decide to change it to matte black at some point, will see).

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS IMG_0375

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I tested this for a few days and there appears to be no issues in terms of interference or heating (or anything noticeable, really). One contributing factor might be the fact that my MagSafe charger has a bottom plate too, so when you add up all the layers, I think the OEM QI chargers just don't reach that much. If you try placing your phone about 1/4" above the OEM QI chargers, it should not register & charge at all, and I think that's the reason for lack of interference. Here is what the bottom looks like (for now...might decide to change it to matte black at some point, will see).

IMG_0375.jpg
Oh thanks for the back pic that makes more sense. I thought the pucks were sitting directly on the mat. Well awesome idea MagSafe is way better than chi. Just need a truck first lol, but I’ll be ordering.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Oh thanks for the back pic that makes more sense. I thought the pucks were sitting directly on the mat. Well awesome idea MagSafe is way better than chi. Just need a truck first lol, but I’ll be ordering.
As usual, truck sold separately 😃

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

You just put it on top of the existing mat (refer to picture 3), connect the two USB-C cables and you are good to go. No real installation, you just put it there, connect it and that's it :)
So no adhesive on the back of your product? If not, how does it secure and not move around with spirited driving?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

So no adhesive on the back of your product? If not, how does it secure and not move around with spirited driving?
No adhesive. It just fits like a glove and is rather heavy for a small thing like this so it stays cemented. Haven’t tried off-roading with it but I certainly took a few turns in a way that would’ve cost me dearly should police have seen me and it didn’t move one bit. So X/Y motion is certainly fine, Z - haven’t tested.

Spoiler alert - this also fared well in my testing :) I hope to release it next week but I still have some more work on it.
Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS IMG_0352

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS IMG_0346

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
No adhesive. It just fits like a glove and is rather heavy for a small thing like this so it stays cemented. Haven’t tried off-roading with it but I certainly took a few turns in a way that would’ve cost me dearly should police have seen me and it didn’t move one bit. So X/Y motion is certainly fine, Z - haven’t tested.

Spoiler alert - this also fared well in my testing :) I hope to release it next week but I still have some more work on it.
IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpeg
This is what I want lol

Sponsored

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpeg
Finally someone is working on doing something with that space! It’s so cool that you’re on here and interacting with your customers this way!

This is probably jumping the gun, but I’d LOVE something like that with a cover of some sort. Leaving items in plain view in Portland is just asking for a broken car window. I know the dash is sort of in the way so it would make a hinged cover problematic but if it’s on your radar at all, you definitely have a customer here!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Not at the moment because it requires assembly and you’d need weld-on acrylic adhesive to weld the 3 layers together. May I ask why, just curious about the use case here?
I'd rather use Apple Genuine MagSafe products.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Just ordered, thanks! It's pretty frustrating to no longer be able to charge my phones due to the stupid camera bump

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpeg
Now this I need. Is it configurable so I can put a spot big enough for my wife's purse and still have a spot for my Yeti 32Oz water bottle? If so, I will take one of these for sure.