Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
These look incredible. I'll definitely be picking one up closer to when my truck is delivered. Perhaps the options will be different by then and I'd love some photos. I'm guessing the brushed black goes well with BM/OC wood.
Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Finally someone is working on doing something with that space! It’s so cool that you’re on here and interacting with your customers this way!

This is probably jumping the gun, but I’d LOVE something like that with a cover of some sort. Leaving items in plain view in Portland is just asking for a broken car window. I know the dash is sort of in the way so it would make a hinged cover problematic but if it’s on your radar at all, you definitely have a customer here!
There will be a cover option too :) I am building this in a way where you can buy just the generic base with dividers and then you can accessorize. I've designed attachment mechanism which I will use for accessories. As a matter of fact, it's the accessories preventing me from releasing this sooner, the consoles themselves are ready, but I am still designing the accessories and fiddling with the settings on how to print them properly. So far I have: Dividers, 3" Cup Holder, 4" Cup Holder and top lid (insertable/stackable) which is also a small tray...so it hides what's under it (the deep part) while still allowing you to place something small on it. Oh and the other delay is the inserts... I want to have inserts (leather or silicone) for this from day 1, but finding proper material for this has been surprisingly difficult.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Now this I need. Is it configurable so I can put a spot big enough for my wife's purse and still have a spot for my Yeti 32Oz water bottle? If so, I will take one of these for sure.
That will be possible too via the additional accessories I will be offering for it, like a 3" cup holders, 4" cup holders etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

@twraps is the best. Some of the other companies feel like they’re trying to ride the heavy train. I feel like you’re the real deal. Thanks for all you do for the Rivian community!
Thank you so much 🙏❤

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I'd rather use Apple Genuine MagSafe products.
Noted! Let me get my s**t together manufacturing this (because I got way more orders than I imagined I could get) and I will add options for original Apple MagSafe chargers...have in mind this is going to be a hefty price tag, as those are $40 a puck and I have no access to buy them any cheaper :(

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

will there be an Android option?
I am very interested in making one but I am not very familiar with the phones there...can you pls advise how would that attach? Is there something similar to MagSafe, or we're looking at physical dividers to limit the X/Y motion and hope that it will continue charging?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Noted! Let me get my s**t together manufacturing this (because I got way more orders than I imagined I could get) and I will add options for original Apple MagSafe chargers...have in mind this is going to be a hefty price tag, as those are $40 a puck and I have no access to buy them any cheaper :(
Buy on Amazon, they're a few $$$ less. I'll also look into a few of my company vendors to see if I can get a better rate for you.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
@twraps - you guys are such an awesome company - love your products! Just ordered. Keep them coming!

Sponsored

Kurt44

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Max Pack 2023
Clubs

I am very interested in making one but I am not very familiar with the phones there...can you pls advise how would that attach? Is there something similar to MagSafe, or we're looking at physical dividers to limit the X/Y motion and hope that it will continue charging?
I don't yet have my RT1 so can't really help you. I was just generally curious, I don't understand your question.

Matthuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5
No adhesive. It just fits like a glove and is rather heavy for a small thing like this so it stays cemented. Haven’t tried off-roading with it but I certainly took a few turns in a way that would’ve cost me dearly should police have seen me and it didn’t move one bit. So X/Y motion is certainly fine, Z - haven’t tested.

Spoiler alert - this also fared well in my testing :) I hope to release it next week but I still have some more work on it.
IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0346.jpeg
Great looking console organizer! I have just about all of your posts bookmarked for when I finally get my R1. Curious, is there a way to remove the Camp Speaker without removing the whole insert? Haven't had the chance to see the speaker in person yet, so not sure of the "clearance" requirements.

Also a local neighbor (in Walnut Creek)...interested in catching a peak of the R1S if you get your hands on it

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I don't yet have my RT1 so can't really help you. I was just generally curious, I don't understand your question.
No worries, let me explain myself...
So, the R1T comes with QI chargers in that spot, but once you put your phone on them, first it's very hard to align properly and second, once the car is in motion it misaligns (as the phone slides on each turn/break/acceleration) and at the end it's not charging.
With MagSafe (Apple's standard), the phone attaches to the puck as the puck is magnetic. But as far as I know MagSafe is for iPhones only... for Android, if there is no similar and popular standard, then the only thing that comes to mind is to just make something that limits the motion of the phone with the hope it won't misalign. By X/Y motion I mean forward/backward and sideways (Z being up/down which should not be applicable unless doing some hard-core off-roading).

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Great looking console organizer! I have just about all of your posts bookmarked for when I finally get my R1. Curious, is there a way to remove the Camp Speaker without removing the whole insert? Haven't had the chance to see the speaker in person yet, so not sure of the "clearance" requirements.

Also a local neighbor (in Walnut Creek)...interested in catching a peak of the R1S if you get your hands on it
Unfortunately you'd need to remove the console to access the speaker...that's not as troublesome as it sounds though as the console is made out of 2 parts (front/back) for easier manipulation.
I will also offer a smaller version (smaller in terms of height) which is even easier to take in/out. Here is a photo of the small one:
Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charger by TWRAPS Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 11.01.46 AM

As for the R1S - just ping me in the first week of December so we can schedule and you are welcome to come over and check it out :)

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wow. I am in for one and also looking forward to the center storage options
Sponsored