First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
So how are you liking the new ride? Had a question for you regarding the delivery.

when you went to pick up the suv from the service center did you have to sign any extra paperwork? Did they try to sell you any add ons at that time? I think you have to prepay for everything so don't know if the Sales center receive any and hold any money. Just wondering if we need to bring a checkbook with us.....

Our R1s is in pre inspection phase so hoping to schedule delivery any day now. Would love to know your feedback so far as well!!

Thanks!
I haven't finished posting my review yet because I really haven't had a lot of time in the vehicle yet. It's been at the custom shop getting the full body PPF done, chrome delete of that chrome piece that runs along the top and down the back, and all around tinting. It's supposed to be done tomorrow and I'll be able to take after pictures and get more drive time in. I've started writing my review and have it saved as draft, but I felt I need to have a full week of driving the vehicle daily before I post my final review.
Sponsored

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
when you went to pick up the suv from the service center did you have to sign any extra paperwork? Did they try to sell you any add ons at that time? I think you have to prepay for everything so don't know if the Sales center receive any and hold any money. Just wondering if we need to bring a checkbook with us.....

Our R1s is in pre inspection phase so hoping to schedule delivery any day now. Would love to know your feedback so far as well!!

Thanks!
We didn't pick up from service center, it was brought to us on a flat bed. Yes, there was some more paperwork that had to be signed related to my trade-in and receipt of the vehicle. With us, the actual purchase process was completely done by the time the vehicle was dropped off, so there was no further financial items to address. Technically we already owned and insured the vehicle before it ever left Miami. No they didn't try to do any upselling at all. It did take a few days for our accessories to come in and we still haven't received our wall charger, so i had to take it to a charger once to fill up. The included 110 charger of course just doesn't add enough miles overnight to matter. I think of it more like a motorcycle trickle charger that prevents any drain and adds a couple of miles while on it.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Okay, so its a pre pay situation and everything is done before you even see the vehicle. That is a new experience for me especially since we haven't even had a test drive.... Its crazy that you didn't have your wall charger before you got your car. I received shipping notification yesterday that my wall charger shipped which led me to reach out to my guide and find out if our delivery is close. Finally got our insurance in place today so hopefully will be scheduling payment and delivery next... My guide is not as forthcoming about anything unless I call or email her. I'd figure they want to move this stuff through and would be burning up my phone but who knows.

Anyhow looking forward to your review. We have the same exact setup as you except for the wheels, we went with the 20"s.... less rim for the wife to kiss the curbs with! Haha! Good call on the PPF I think we will do that as well as ceramic tint. Very curious how you like the roof glass and how it does in South Fla.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
. The included 110 charger of course just doesn't add enough miles overnight to matter. I think of it more like a motorcycle trickle charger that prevents any drain and adds a couple of miles while on it.
Does the included charger have a NEMA 14-50 adapter?

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Okay, so its a pre pay situation and everything is done before you even see the vehicle. That is a new experience for me especially since we haven't even had a test drive.... Its crazy that you didn't have your wall charger before you got your car. I received shipping notification yesterday that my wall charger shipped which led me to reach out to my guide and find out if our delivery is close. Finally got our insurance in place today so hopefully will be scheduling payment and delivery next... My guide is not as forthcoming about anything unless I call or email her. I'd figure they want to move this stuff through and would be burning up my phone but who knows.

Anyhow looking forward to your review. We have the same exact setup as you except for the wheels, we went with the 20"s.... less rim for the wife to kiss the curbs with! Haha! Good call on the PPF I think we will do that as well as ceramic tint. Very curious how you like the roof glass and how it does in South Fla.
I think you can bring a cashiers check to the delivery. I noticed it mentioned in the paperwork that I signed.

Sponsored

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT

I love the look/feel of it. I'm not worried about the heat/UV. I'll just have some 80-90% put on it to further block sun rays if needed. I decided to not tint it for now and see how the vehicle feels with the rest of the windows tinted. Once I tinted my Tesla S all around (including windshield with 90% 🤫), the car cooled easily and was comfortable even on the hottest brightest days. I'm assuming that will be the case with the Rivian.

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Does the included charger have a NEMA 14-50 adapter?
Yes. I just don't have that type of plug available. My Tesla wall charger is hard wired directly into the panel. The Rivian wall charger is also a hard wire is my understanding.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
I haven't finished posting my review yet because I really haven't had a lot of time in the vehicle yet. It's been at the custom shop getting the full body PPF done, chrome delete of that chrome piece that runs along the top and down the back, and all around tinting. It's supposed to be done tomorrow and I'll be able to take after pictures and get more drive time in. I've started writing my review and have it saved as draft, but I felt I need to have a full week of driving the vehicle daily before I post my final review.

Just curious but how did you handle the chrome delete? Did you wrap it? Can't wait to see the pictures.

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Just curious but how did you handle the chrome delete? Did you wrap it? Can't wait to see the pictures.
yes. It's just a gloss black wrap that is applied over the chrome that matches the reflection of the black windows.

Sponsored

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
R1S gets delivered on Tuesday!! Hope all goes well.
Exciting news. I'm glad more continues to be delivered. I just got my wall charger today, so need to get that installed next.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I know this thread is pretty quiet lately, but finally received my vin. anyone in the palm beach area: how was delivery for you? Flatbed delivery or did you have to go to the Miami service center?

ErikG

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Porsche 991.2 GT3
I'll let you know when I get it. Target date 21st of the month, hopefully sooner. Looking for a PPF shop in Jupiter area, not doing full car. Since I selected one out the R1 Shop, it doesn't have the factory installed PPF

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I'll let you know when I get it. Target date 21st of the month, hopefully sooner. Looking for a PPF shop in Jupiter area, not doing full car. Since I selected one out the R1 Shop, it doesn't have the factory installed PPF
I'm close to Jupiter as well. Was going to call around today and get a few quotes. I too only want the front done. Let me know what you find.

Also how did you find out your target date? My guide was super vocal when first assigned. Since then, I haven't heard much. I have 6 steps completed, waiting for delivery for payment.

ErikG

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Porsche 991.2 GT3
Got my target date from my guide, but since mine was already build, vin 16600something, it maybe is easier since it just has to be transported and prepped. Let me know who you find on PPF. I'm fine with whomever Rivian has as an recommended installer, as long as it is close
Sponsored