First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
I figured it was all of south Florida being moved out to Oct/Dec. I noticed the R1S who reported Aug/Sept dates were in the Colorado and LA areas. So I'm assuming it was a location situation vs configuration. I had hoped that since we do have the Orlando facility up and running and it's perfectly centrally located that we'd turn out better with the updated dates, but oh well. Hopefully Rivian got smart and threw out some very padded days in case things they didn't expect come up again, but if all goes as planned the dates will come in this time. The whole "under promise, over deliver" concept this time around. In any case, I'm just glad to have some updated information. I will again go back to not checking my email every hour praying for the purchase process email to pop up. :) I can go back to just checking my email once a day.
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Looks like there will be one for sale soon at Sanford's VW dealership.
Rivian R1T R1S Florida Pre-orders IMG-20220626-WA0002

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
They must be really rolling out now. I went orlando>Sarasota>Miami>Orlando this week and I spotted 10-12 R1T’s of all different colors. One was on a Rivian LLC flatbed headed north toward Ocala on turnpike. Till this week I had only seen one other on the road.

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Well team Florida. It’s official. I have my R1S VIN and I’m getting ready to take possession of my R1S. I have one step left in the process and I should receive my delivery date next week. I’ll keep everyone updated.

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Oh.. and my serial number is 654 for those that will ask.

Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Awesome. Just got my R1T on 8/18. I immediately got PPF on the front half, then cured a bit and washed, prepped, and ceramic coated it. This is the first vehicle that I plan on keeping for the long haul. Congrats and S=0===0=N

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Oh.. and my serial number is 654 for those that will ask.
Chad, congrats and good luck with the delivery! I assume you changed your config to black interior? Anxiously awaiting my guide contact up here in Jax...

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
I was always black interior.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Well team Florida. It’s official. I have my R1S VIN and I’m getting ready to take possession of my R1S. I have one step left in the process and I should receive my delivery date next week. I’ll keep everyone updated.
Congrats! Keep us posted on your delivery! Do you have a sales center near you or taking delivery from Orlando?

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Congrats! Keep us posted on your delivery! Do you have a sales center near you or taking delivery from Orlando?
It's my understanding that all Florida deliveries are coming out of Orlando right now. It's the only service center that is open so far. I will be a little closer to Miami once it's open, but I'm pretty much right in between.

Sponsored

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Actually, I see in another thread that the Miami service center did open. It's still not listed on the Rivian website yet, but there is visual and verbal confirmation. It will be interesting to find out which service center my R1S gets shipped to before delivery.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Actually, I see in another thread that the Miami service center did open. It's still not listed on the Rivian website yet, but there is visual and verbal confirmation. It will be interesting to find out which service center my R1S gets shipped to before delivery.
I just got an email this morning wanting me to confirm my configuration. I have the same configuration as you except I have the 20" wheels. Will see what happens but that has been the most contact I have had from Rivian since February when I received my guide. My order date was DEC 2018.

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
I just got an email this morning wanting me to confirm my configuration. I have the same configuration as you except I have the 20" wheels. Will see what happens but that has been the most contact I have had from Rivian since February when I received my guide. My order date was DEC 2018.
So you're R1S as well? I see you have an R1T as avatar image. It's interesting that you were contacted by a guide, but didn't confirm configuration at that time. I confirmed mine with the initial guide contact back in April and signed the initial buyers agreement at that time.

OverSurge

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model S
Occupation
IT
Update: I have finished the whole 8 step purchase process besides the scheduling delivery. My R1S is on it's way to Miami right now. I have learned that it will be getting delivered out of Miami vs Orlando now that Miami is open. Once it gets there and pass inspection, I'll be able to schedule my delivery date.

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
That is awesome! Congrats! Hopefully everything goes very smooth for you with Delivery. Nice that you have a SC closer than Orlando. I previously ordered a R1T but then switched to an R1S when I decided the trick was too small and would get the SUV for my wife. Pretty crazy that we still have no even got to test drive one....

I hope you enjoy your new ride! It's been a long time waiting!!
Sponsored