Sponsored

Software update to 2022.31.0 - tonneau cover not working now

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I have folks express interest i this, but as a new EV owner I don't understand why. Care to offer your thoughts?
I don’t have strong preferences either way, but I’m thinking I’ll likely leave it as % day-to-day because I charge based on nearing 20%, not any particular mileage. When doing longer trips where range actually matters, I’ll probably switch back.
Sponsored

PurpleTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Team, just FYI - had update available yesterday for 2022.31.0.

After download, the tonneau cover is greyed out with "Fault- not working" on truck screen and the hard button on the bed rail is inoperative. No way to open tonneau cover now at all. Service ticket submitted.

Note: this is not the calibration/crooked issue, cover has worked flawlessly since day 1. It appears like the new update "bricked" my cover. Did a reset last night, no improvement.

Update with care...
Did tailgate/gear tunnel door work?

Didnt read the entire thread and not sure if you have fixed it. I've had this too, actually at service center. There is a software/firmware bug in the last few updates where the module that's controlling the rear section(tailgate, tonneau, gear tunnel) gets into a state it cant control stuff anymore. Rebooting doesn't help. Have to disconnect 12V battery

OP
OP

SteelersFan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glacier White R1T Launch
Did tailgate/gear tunnel door work?

Didnt read the entire thread and not sure if you have fixed it. I've had this too, actually at service center. There is a software/firmware bug in the last few updates where the module that's controlling the rear section(tailgate, tonneau, gear tunnel) gets into a state it cant control stuff anymore. Rebooting doesn't help. Have to disconnect 12V battery
Tailgate and gear tunnel worked as they should. Was told by Rivian this is a known issue with early VIN trucks and will be resolved with the public release of the software coming soon. They will not revert me, concerns over success of that endeavor.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It's a liability thing. Vehicle manufacturers don't want a chance of speedos reading low and owners suing them to cover speeding ticket costs so they instead put in a slight cushion. Very standard practice in the auto industry. BMWs in particular are notorious for reading quite high historically along with Honda and Toyota.
German cars are especially bad for this due to rules in Europe - essentially a speedometer can read high but it must never indicste a lower speed.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I don’t have strong preferences either way, but I’m thinking I’ll likely leave it as % day-to-day because I charge based on nearing 20%, not any particular mileage. When doing longer trips where range actually matters, I’ll probably switch back.
Good news, there is a third option for "Both" listed in the release notes.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I've spent the past 3+ years with my Tesla seeing only battery percentage. Showing the miles of range remaining seemed to cause me unnecessary anxiety. Seeing only the range in miles listed now with the Rivian is not my favorite. I very much look forward to being able to get it back to %.

Of course, Tesla's range estimates were woefully terrible. So that was part of the anxiety. Rivian's estimates all appear to be quite good so far, which is nice. But still, I prefer %

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Why wait until 20%? Maybe you’re talking about a road trip minimum? I’m new to EVs. I put the charge limit to 70% per rivians recommendation…but I haven’t waited to plug-in.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Why wait until 20%? Maybe you’re talking about a road trip minimum? I’m new to EVs. I put the charge limit to 70% per rivians recommendation…but I haven’t waited to plug-in.
Same. When I get home I charge.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Because I don’t need to charge every night and currently have two EVs sharing a single charger.

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
CarPlay and cupholders?
More like lack of cup holders 😤 (said in argumentative tone).

A relatively cheap Etsy purchase has helped us with this. Unfortunately I’m not feeling so confident that lack of CarPlay will be so easy to get over for me.

Rivian R1T R1S Software update to 2022.31.0 - tonneau cover not working now B6E7C3A3-1C7A-48EA-B73A-D97A9ED4723A

Rivian R1T R1S Software update to 2022.31.0 - tonneau cover not working now 0E038827-5CEC-41DB-8673-521C6B1CFCCA
Sponsored