Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Good eye. On closer inspection, it seems I was mistaking a crease for the front edge of the door.
Definitely different design than the earlier show vehicles. Could either be for symmetry & manufacturing simplicity, or possible even to make it easier to have charging on either side (i.e. keep it on driver side for future RHD models).
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
from a recent tweet...cannot tell if this is is launch green or forest green. My guess is Forest Green.

7E18F59E-249F-4F11-8719-CB1001C7ABD0.png
This thing looks badass. Part of me was worried that I'd get tired of the design after having pored over the little details for months, but man, I love how this looks!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

These photos also clearly show how the door handles pop out when unlocked. What we've seen is a feature, not a defect.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
These photos also clearly show how the door handles pop out when unlocked. What we've seen is a feature, not a defect.

As a current "classic" Model S owner, I hope the mechanism is simple and not overly complex.

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
I don’t think the are the White seats....here are the rest of the pics

43BD6635-14D1-4B05-978B-A1C9B621F83D.png

5926AD25-DCC7-4C83-AAE3-151D111FBE07.png
CCFD2524-3986-4706-B8CD-C8A1DDA8CB64.jpeg
Any eagle eyed members find anything in these photos yet?

I noticed in the second photo that you can see in the instrument cluster that there is almost a "dock" indicating vehicle status and possibly showing a headlight indicator at the far right.

I also see a silver loop where the wireless phone charger is at, that might be the carabiner key fob sitting all the way back and hidden from sight by the center arm rest.

Has anyone seen how to control the air vents? I haven't ever seen the tab to angle the vents and am curious to know if they'll be electronically controlled via the touch screen a la Tesla Model 3/Y. If you look at the first photo, you can see the tab to angle the air vent for the rear seats, but I don't see them for the front.

Love how well illuminated the Gear Tunnel is in the third photo, shows how much attention they've given to it. You can see the light for the door handle too. The handles look thinner than I thought they'd be, I hope they have a really nice solid. tactile feel to them and have smooth edges so they feel good in the hand. Also, isn't there supposed to be a removable compartment on the gear tunnel door that is supposed to house some tools?

Sponsored

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner

I noticed in the second photo that you can see in the instrument cluster that there is almost a "dock" indicating vehicle status and possibly showing a headlight indicator at the far right.

I also see a silver loop where the wireless phone charger is at, that might be the carabiner key fob sitting all the way back and hidden from sight by the center arm rest.

Has anyone seen how to control the air vents? I haven't ever seen the tab to angle the vents and am curious to know if they'll be electronically controlled via the touch screen a la Tesla Model 3/Y. If you look at the first photo, you can see the tab to angle the air vent for the rear seats, but I don't see them for the front.

Love how well illuminated the Gear Tunnel is in the third photo, shows how much attention they've given to it. You can see the light for the door handle too. The handles look thinner than I thought they'd be, I hope they have a really nice solid. tactile feel to them and have smooth edges so they feel good in the hand. Also, isn't there supposed to be a removable compartment on the gear tunnel door that is supposed to house some tools?
I noticed the gear tunnel step no longer has the Chilewich material on it but it looks like it still has an internal compartment. If they do remove the Chilewich mat from production models I hope the have a patterned top to provide some grip. That looks like an injury waiting to happen.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 5-Rivian-Gear-Tunnel

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I LOVE seeing the speaker grills in the front dash, A pillars, and above the doors (blurry, but there)...cannot wait to hear that audio system.

Steering wheel only appears to have the two scroll wheel controls, unless there are additional buttons on the back side.

What do you think that cable or cord is in the front console tray on the floor?

I think you are correct, @Pedritho , and that the silver loop is part of the carabiner fob.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...and cupholder closeup.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.16.16 PM

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
There's definitely a wrap on this one which makes the Launch Green look darker than it really is. Still looks sick though. I was able to spot the actual Launch Green color on the interior of the frunk/hood:
Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1610401753407

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
There's definitely a wrap on this one which makes the Launch Green look darker than it really is. Still looks sick though. I was able to spot the actual Launch Green color on the interior of the frunk/hood:
1610401753407.png
It looks like they are planning something special to reveal the actual Launch Edition vehicles and show off the Launch Green. Not only are they not posting pictures, but going out of their way to disguise versions that may be on the road testing tells me they have something in the works.
Sponsored