So the train switch already started.....right on
Sponsored

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I wish! I expect they double every quarter, which means they may produce ~16k this quarter, which would put them in low 30k produced at end of Q3.
Wishful thinkingā€¦ā€¦Rivian is still severely parts limited and will be lucky to reach their stated goal of 25k (includes EDVs) by the end of this year. Next year is not necessarily looking a whole lot better.

Cogentfire

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HONDA
Occupation
Scientist
Wishful thinkingā€¦ā€¦Rivian is still severely parts limited and will be lucky to reach their stated goal of 25k (includes EDVs) by the end of this year. Next year is not necessarily looking a whole lot better.
Oh really? Do you work there or know someone with insider knowledge?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
  • My guide on July 8th: "Your truck is prepping to leave the Plant in Normal. The estimated delivery would be within the next 2-4 weeks."
  • My guide on July 19th: "We ship trucks by rail. They take up to 2 weeks from Normal, IL. It looks like your truck is due to arrive locally next week. Once it arrives it will need to be processed and inspected for outstanding issues (e.g. update software, replace trim, touch up paint, etc.)"
  • July 22nd: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
  • July 23nd: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
  • July 24th: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
  • July 25th: [me staring at phone waiting for news]

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Oh really? Do you work there or know someone with insider knowledge?
I do not work or know anyone from Rivian. I base my comments on public announcements by Rivian. Their last announcement was a confirmation of their previous guidance for a total of 25k vehicles for 2022, which includes the Amazon vans. They have repeatedly said production is limited by parts availability, which has not changed.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
They have repeatedly said production is limited by parts availability, which has not changed.
They continue to be limited by parts availability, but the availability of parts may have changed in a positive way. Which doesn't mean it can't later change in a negative way. I am cautiously optimistic that parts availability is improving somewhat.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

In my limited experience with shipment of vehicles by rail indicates that it may not net out to a benefit for the customer. I ordered a Mach-e that ultimately took (4) months (Mexico City to Boise ID) to appear at the Ford dealership. Tracking of the vehicle was next to impossible and for 4 months we had no idea where the car was or what was happening to it. Ultimately it turned out to be 'bricked' for almost two months between SLC rail yard and the car hauler. We passed on taking delivery.

Generally speaking though it would seem that most cars shipped by rail make uneventful trips to their destinations but once the vehicle is in the hands of the railroad information is hard to get. IMHO rail shipment will increase the time to delivery and uncertainty.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

• My guide on July 8th: "Your truck is prepping to leave the Plant in Normal. The estimated delivery would be within the next 2-4 weeks."
  • My guide on July 19th: "We ship trucks by rail. They take up to 2 weeks from Normal, IL. It looks like your truck is due to arrive locally next week. Once it arrives it will need to be processed and inspected for outstanding issues (e.g. update software, replace trim, touch up paint, etc.)"
  • July 22nd: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
  • July 23nd: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
  • July 24th: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
  • July 25th: [me staring at phone waiting for news]
Make sure phone is fully charged.....I mean only 70% for improved battery health

RFC1918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
IT
According to my guide mine was on train transport as of Monday, in route to Arizona. When clicking step 8 "Scheduled Delivery" the site used to pop-up my guide's contact info. Now the following is displayed. I assume it's at the Phoenix Service Center now. Hopefully getting that invite to schedule delivery soon!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Transitioning to Railway Train Transport For Deliveries step8

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
So it seems a lot of people have 9XXX VINs. Mine is in the 8XXX region and I was told this week it was getting ready to leave the factory. I didn't want to bug my guide too much about tracking it but sounds like with the rail setup I should expect it within 10 days or so in my driveway? Just trying to plan for future PPF and stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
According to my guide mine was on train transport as of Monday, in route to Arizona. When clicking step 8 "Scheduled Delivery" the site used to pop-up my guide's contact info. Now the following is displayed. I assume it's at the Phoenix Service Center now. Hopefully getting that invite to schedule delivery soon!

step8.png
I just checked mine and it's changed to the same pop up. My Guide said to expect delivery mid August though.

YOU'RE SO CLOSE!!!

Guinefort

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Hybrid
Occupation
Photographer
So it seems a lot of people have 9XXX VINs. Mine is in the 8XXX region and I was told this week it was getting ready to leave the factory. I didn't want to bug my guide too much about tracking it but sounds like with the rail setup I should expect it within 10 days or so in my driveway? Just trying to plan for future PPF and stuff.
Iā€™m 14 days out from matching with a truck and 11 days since I was told it was in transit.

nieder

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2020 Toyota Tundra

step8.png
My account changed in the same way on step 8. SoCal delivery.

summer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Did anyone on west coat receive their r1t by train and could share the timeline ? My guide said the time could be up to 8 weeks, and he canā€™t give any update once the truck is loaded on the train.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I donā€™t care if itā€™s towed behind a horse drawn Amish carriage with a priest throwing holy water on it to exorcise the technological demon that lives within.

I just want mind delivered.
Sponsored