Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

People always get hung up on the price. I had my truck pulled up in front of the Lowe's to load some shelving (750lbs worth, didn't even realize it was back there driving home) and a guy walked by and muttered "overpriced".

I got defensive "It's about the same as a TRX"

He replied "But a TRX will smoke that. "

I chuckled and directed him to the YouTube videos.

The point being: It's $80k, but for what you get it's priced appropriately. And, no it's not for everyone, nor is a Range Rover.

But, they uber point is really we need EVs with range down around $35k. Hopefully Fisker remains viable and the Pear isn't too weird for mainstream folks.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Rock climbing on 21's!
Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 1.16.12 PM.png
Despite the uninformed banter at the conclusion, the produced piece itself is very good and undoubtedly motivated some viewers to visit Rivian’s site and submit a reservation.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

People always get hung up on the price. I had my truck pulled up in front of the Lowe's to load some shelving (750lbs worth, didn't even realize it was back there driving home) and a guy walked by and muttered "overpriced".

The point being: It's $80k, but for what you get it's priced appropriately. And, no it's not for everyone, nor is a Range Rover.

But, they uber point is really we need EVs with range down around $35k. Hopefully Fisker remains viable and the Pear isn't too weird for mainstream folks.
I think I'd have been a bit defensive too, but then likely just taken him for a quick rip to remove any doubt about its worth.

Sponsored

Ccomtois

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150
Occupation
Patient Rivian Pre-Order Holder
I'm excited to be an early adopter of the R1S (hopefully < 3 months from delivery)...been waiting a looooong time, and I feel <know> it will be worth it.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Gotta love Oregon :)

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Lovely banter at the end there....
I think they missed an opportunity to note that Tesla didn't start off making $35k Model 3s. They worked up (or down?) to that point after launching with the much more expensive Model S. Rivian is on the same path with the R2 line coming in at a cheaper price point. I doubt they will ever have a Model 3 competitor but will likely get a lot more potential Model Y customers to cross-shop with an R2 product.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think they missed an opportunity to note that Tesla didn't start off making $35k Model 3s. They worked up (or down?) to that point after launching with the much more expensive Model S. Rivian is on the same path with the R2 line coming in at a cheaper price point. I doubt they will ever have a Model 3 competitor but will likely get a lot more potential Model Y customers to cross-shop with an R2 product.
FWIW (anytime I see this acronym by the way I can't help but sound it out and it's so aggravating... Fa-Wee-W)
anyway, even a model 3 right now is 46,990. Tesla's 35k ev was a short lived endeavour which in today's economy, isn't really acheivable for any manufactorer unless it's severely compromised on range etc.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Haters will do their thing....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Way too soon for Fisker