2020 Defender
Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Not really a huge amount there. What is a bit interesting is there doesn't seem to be any mention of other EDV platform orders beyond Amazon's initial 100k.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

biggest takeway to me is official mention of the shift in policy to ensure that their capital expenditures allow them to stretch that $17b war chest through 2025.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
not much content...just repeating old news...not sure what the point of this one is.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Two key takeaways:

1. "Our top near-term priority is to fully ramp production" As in their focus is on fixing supply chain to get the plant to 150k annual production.

2. "We want to be clear to our customers and investors that while we may be adjusting the product roadmap and associated spending, we will continue to make long-term investments in our technology and customer experience." Meaning, we're going to adjust as needed to meet financial and long term viability goals.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Gonna need to see the backup for the statement that they've "launched" the R1S. If you're not going to delivery any in 2022 (as seems likely) then I am very skeptical that any "production" models have actually been built.

OP
OP
Gator42

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Gonna need to see the backup for the statement that they've "launched" the R1S. If you're not going to delivery any in 2022 (as seems likely) then I am very skeptical that any "production" models have actually been built.
...so far not peep about R1S at the Shareholder meeting. A red S parked next to RJ and a few scattered about the plant but no talk about S deliveries.

...RJ building excitement for the R2, though!!!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
th
biggest takeway to me is official mention of the shift in policy to ensure that their capital expenditures allow them to stretch that $17b war chest through 2025.
e news here is they've blown through $3b in recent months as the cash on had was $20b...

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

So pardon my ignorance but what defines you as a share holder? I mean I own Shares but don't get these emails? Is it like a certain amount of shares you have to own or something?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Just let it go dude, you're going to have a coronary......it doesn't matter.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So pardon my ignorance but what defines you as a share holder? I mean I own Shares but don't get these emails? Is it like a certain amount of shares you have to own or something?
If you own shares you should have received an email early May with the annual voting information. I have my shares at Charles Schwab and got an email on May 10th.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
These notices would be available through the brokerage service you used to purchase your shares. They don’t just email them out. You can also search for them under public filings.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
They already made that statement on the last earnings call.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Schwab sent them out, I didn't get anything from MS.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Schwab sent them out, I didn't get anything from MS.
I transferred the MS shares to my Schwab account, did not want to keep that MS account just for the DSP shares.
Sponsored