Sponsored

Rivian Virtual Shareholder Meeting and Shareholder Letter- June 6, 2022

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would argue this isn't quite accurate. We knew of "production" vehicles getting shipped from June/July 2021. They shipped somewhere north of 1200 employee / youtuber / influencer / insider trucks through Feb 2022 (this year). VERY FEW vehicles were shipped to "regular" customers until after that. If you want to be generous you could say Aug to Feb, or about 6 months of NDA testing until the public got ahold of them.

I would count on the same for the S.
Deliveries to employees in earnest started at the end of September (). In any case, I would not count on the same volume of employee deliveries for the R1S before we start to see real customer deliveries. First the S and T share the same platform and tech, so many of the issues they were able to work through/are still working through with the T will give them a head start on the S. Second, and I could be off on this one so feel free to correct me, but I don't think employees were given the same access to preorder R1S', so there won't be nearly as many in the queue. Obviously we're looking at a delay of some sort based on the "old" delivery windows, but I would bet you my R1S that we will see R1Ss delivered to real customers before the end of the year.
Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Deliveries to employees in earnest started at the end of September (). In any case, I would not count on the same volume of employee deliveries for the R1S before we start to see real customer deliveries. First the S and T share the same platform and tech, so many of the issues they were able to work through/are still working through with the T will give them a head start on the S. Second, and I could be off on this one so feel free to correct me, but I don't think employees were given the same access to preorder R1S', so there won't be nearly as many in the queue. Obviously we're looking at a delay of some sort based on the "old" delivery windows, but I would bet you my R1S that we will see R1Ss delivered to real customers before the end of the year.
I very much agree the S is coming before the end of the year to customers. I just think most of the ones delivered so far have been to employees, and I suspect it'll be that way for a few more months. All told that'll be 6ish months. Kind of a cop out I know. :D

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
The headline doesn't match the picture - but nice to see some R1Ts on the front page of CNBC.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Virtual Shareholder Meeting and Shareholder Letter- June 6, 2022 1655216197366
Sponsored