Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

On a side note, If construction in Vancouver didn't pay as well as it does, I would love to work for Rivian here doing home deliveries etc. It's a bit painful watching videos from first mile events where the employee doesn't know off hand some of the simple facts about the vehicle.

Scratch all that, Rivian, I volunteer!
Sponsored

jffkm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Bad news:
BB4FB2C7-066C-4529-8709-7849343211EC.jpeg
I think CS is just distinguishing between a cup and bottle holder (cup holder in the center of the vehicle, bottle holders on the sides (door wells and hips), so there are "cupholders" in the third row if I'm reading this right and interpreting the screen grab of the manual earlier in this chain.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I think CS is just distinguishing between a cup and bottle holder (cup holder in the center of the vehicle, bottle holders on the sides (door wells and hips), so there are "cupholders" in the third row if I'm reading this right and interpreting the screen grab of the manual earlier in this chain.
Yeah - its possible the 3rd row "bottle holders" will be smaller and therefore aren't officially considered cupholders. But it might be "good enough" for my kids!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
It would require hardware — not just software. I wonder if rivian planned for quad climate and the software is lagging (like garage door opener) or if hardware isn’t there then it’ll never happen.
My guess this was done re: semi conductor shortage.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
What's the use case for opening the lower tailgate but having the liftgate closed?
Carrying longer items that can fit inside. That is something I will definitely want to do with mine. Much easier to deal with for short drives than dealing with roof-rack. Especially flat items that can fly away off the roof rack.

I wonder what happens if you try to close lift-gate manually when tailgate is open, keep it in place with a bungee and drive with a long piece of lumber sticking out. will it drive? I hate to loose out on all the advantages of an SUV because I can't use it as a truck, once or twice a year. I hope there is a work around.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Owners Guide Manual Available! đź“’ (August 22, 2022) 1651705317278

I am hoping this does not interfere with driving it with stuff open in the back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

My guess this was done re: semi conductor shortage.

I would hope it's just a typo for the manual, afaik you can select heated seats in the back making the screen useable.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Yeah - its possible the 3rd row "bottle holders" will be smaller and therefore aren't officially considered cupholders. But it might be "good enough" for my kids!
Maybe they're baby bottle holders? 🍼

drivetorun

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
... does anyone know what the difference between a cup holder and a bottle holder is?

Discussing 'bottle holders' vs 'cup holders' feels like the most Car Enthusiast Forum thing ever.
So, this is me trying to extrapolate based on how the Rivian CS agent made the distinction and also how I've heard things referenced elsewhere...

Cup holder: There is some element to the holder that adjusts to the size of whatever size drinking vessel you put inside of it--typically has some sort of "grab"-like element to keep it in place better.

Bottle holder: More "static" in nature and stays one "size" at all times...more of a storage spot that happens to also fit a bottle.

At the end of the day, in most cases, I think it's a distinction without a difference.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
- No clarity around whether there are climate vents dedicated to the third row (and if so, are they just foot ones, are there some in the c-pillar, etc.).
Yes, there's a vent on each C pillar for the 3rd row.

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Carrying longer items that can fit inside. That is something I will definitely want to do with mine. Much easier to deal with for short drives than dealing with roof-rack. Especially flat items that can fly away off the roof rack.
If only there were devices that could be used to hold items on to the roof rack. I'm thinking relatively thick webbing with some hooks attached to ratcheting mechanism such that they could secure a load to roof rack such that it wouldn't fly away.

(But, you're 100% correct, it is much easier if you can just toss it in the back and let it hang out the top half of the tailgate. My old SUV had a lift gate with a window that also lifted. Many times I quickly tossed pvc, 2x4's etc in there vs. hassling with the roof rack and ratchet straps.

Reactions: Max

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE