First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm debating the same thing. I'm planning on Launch Green, and I like the Forest Edge, but that might be a lot of green. Lunar Rock is a bit light in color for my situation, I think. The $2000 charge for Forest Edge might be the push I need just to go to Black Mountain.
TBH... I'm wondering if it's just 2K for the color or if there is some other difference in the interior for the price.
Sponsored

CO_R1S

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet 2500HD, Preorder R1S
Occupation
Engineer

DBO

First Name
Dafydd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
Just got mine configured. I just preordered 11/12/20 so I'd assume everyone should have gotten their invites by now.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.29.08 PM

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
I am working on the Launch edition configuration and noticed that there is an upcharge for going with the 20" wheels. But on the regular website the 20" wheels are supposed to be included in the Launch Edition price. See picture with this post, last bullet under the Launch Edition. Anyone else understand this discrepancy?

And while, yes, it's fun to finally start the process of configuration, I must say that the repeated "wait for the configurator" response from Rivian to questions far and wide led me to believe the configurator would have A LOT more than interior and exterior color options.

Rivian, I am perplexed. What are you doing?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 2020_11_16_R1S_packages.PNG

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Just got mine - 3:09pm Eastern time. Preorder Aug 10 2020. Someone said you can find your reservation number from the URL. How??

Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Just got mine! Pre-order 10/20/20. R1T White, forrest edge, 21 inch tires. Any one else get 21 in. Tires? May change colors. Husband didn't like the forrest interior. Lol . Now considering, ocean interior and either la silver or rivian blue. Has any onone changed their order yet.

Last edited:

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I am working on the Launch edition configuration and noticed that there is an upcharge for going with the 20" wheels.
There is no charge for the 20" wheels, with the LE edition. Double check to make sure you haven't chosen one of the other options by accident.

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
Got my email at 2:06 CST (preorder date 7/1/2020) I'm assuming more options will come available as we get nearer to production because that was pretty anticlimactic. Also not sure why the blue and yellow colors are 2500 more. Maybe they are putting real flecks of gold in the paint or something ;)

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I am working on the Launch edition configuration and noticed that there is an upcharge for going with the 20" wheels. ...
And while, yes, it's fun to finally start the process of configuration, I must say that the repeated "wait for the configurator" response from Rivian to questions far and wide led me to believe the configurator would have A LOT more than interior and exterior color options.

Rivian, I am perplexed. What are you doing?
I didn't notice a different charge for the wheel options on mine, only color.
Agree 100% with your last paragraph. Yes, the configurator visually looks nice, but the options and additional information are non-existent.
Does the R1T have more information on the configurator than the R1S? Wandering if, per usual, that they have put more effort on that side of it.

Edit: I do see a few more options when Launch Edition is not selected. Still very minimal, but It shows the ability to change from 7 seats to 5 and different wheel options.
Side note, the dark wheels look amazing, wish they would offer on the LE.

Last edited:

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
There is no charge for the 20" wheels, with the LE edition. Double check to make sure you haven't chosen one of the other options by accident.
There are two different 20" options, the black ones are more expensive and may not be included.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Is anyone going with the 400 mile battery for $10k more?
I want more range, but $10,000 is a lot of charging on road trips.

Dr. Byrd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer

Cardiffarian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3; Jag F Pace; ‘66 Bronco
OK, I think I get it now. Went back and re-did my config to LE. I mistakenly thought that everybody who configured this week and got the mid-range battery would have the June delivery. But what happened was that I chose the Adventure Package and that changed everything to a Jan 2020 delivery. Also, I was not able to choose the $3500 wheels with the LE Package. I’m probably OK with that and who knows, it might come available later with other options.

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
Received and configured. Sept 2020

LE, Forest Green, Black Mountain

Anyone brave enough to go Launch/Forest Green on Forest Edge?
Sponsored