Sponsored

R1T accessories & options wish list.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
I thought we could talk about add-ons and options we hope come available for the R1T.

My big one would be a bed cap with solar roof, tent enclosure for the rear when the tail gate and rear window are open, and built in heater and fan.

An easy 500W of solar would fit on the roof. That would probably add 8 or more miles to the range each day. I travel for work a lot, and I think it would be pretty amazing to come back after a 10 day trip to discover an extra 80 miles of range in my batteries.

The tent would allow for camping in the bed of the truck with the tailgate down. And a chilly night would be no issue with a built in heater. I remember many times trying to campaign a car and having to start the engine to warm it up. What a waste!

My next big one is a trailer platform with a battery and motors to allow it to assist the tow vehicle, regenerative braking, and maneuvering without a tow vehicle.

Trailer cameras integrated into the Truck displays would also be awesome.

I would also like to see a 50A 220V outlet in the Rivian so you can plug in an RV.

Maybe Rivian will see this thread;)
Sponsored

Cardiffarian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3; Jag F Pace; ā€˜66 Bronco
I used to have a Chevy Avalanche, 2500, 8.1L, 11 MPG. You could buy, as an option, a custom tent that utilized the entire bed area including the tailgate at 90 degrees. Hopefully, we arenā€™t too late in the process to influence the designers and engineers a bit. I donā€™t have any firm thoughts yet about mods I would like to see (other than certain front end changes that could tone down the ā€œinstantly identifiableā€ nature). However, if this truck is actually two years out, now seems like a good time to make suggestions. Presently, my concern is that we donā€™t know what is standard equipment and what is going to be offered as options. There could be deal killers lurking there, for me at least. Just want to know. Rivian is setting their beginning price point at $69k with others estimating it to top out at around $100k for the top of the line. I really, really want to know what the mid-range modelā€™s price will be and what would be standard equipment on that model. If there are options, what will they cost? I can do the rest of the math. A real world example would be that I will reluctantly pay $600 for an IPhone, but not $1000 just so I can have one.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Iā€™d like to see some of the features available on the T make their way over to the S. The on-board compressor for instance. R.J. acknowledged a solar ā€œmatā€ that was going to be the same size as the truck bed for remote charging- I assume, but it would be nice confirm that this will be an option for the S as well.

In one of the first social media videos that Rivian put out, they had a custom tent in the bed of the T. It was a third party, but at least the option will be there.

Iā€™m curious if Rivian will go the way of Tesla in that basically every vehicle (built within the last year or so) already has most of the options installed but they are software limited. Other than exterior and interior colors and the full self driving, that is basically all you get to choose when designing your Tesla. Helps with mass production, but could turn a lot of people away as the customization factor is somewhat lost. Only time will tell though.

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
They are going to bee more than rock sliders. The entire floor of the battery is going to need to be majorly re-enforced to protect from of-road use.

Sponsored

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
They are going to bee more than rock sliders. The entire floor of the battery is going to need to be majorly re-enforced to protect from of-road use.
Good point. Hadn't thought of that aspect of off-roading an EV. Has anyone seen photos of the Rivian R1T or R1S undercarriage? Any skid plates protecting the underbody?

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The biggest thing that I am hoping for is the ability to bolt on Rock Sliders. If the R1T is going to go offroading it's going to need more protection, and I plan to go offroading.

Example of rock Sliders
https://www.demello-offroad.com/19995-2004-tacoma-round-rock-sliders
Good point. Hadn't thought of that aspect of off-roading an EV. Has anyone seen photos of the Rivian R1T or R1S undercarriage? Any skid plates protecting the underbody?
I forget where exactly I saw it, but on one of the videos (maybe the LA Auto show), RJ said the battery is completely sealed in a ballistic casing. They even dropped the vehicle from a height of I think 2 feet, directly onto a rock to make sure there were no punctures.

jeshua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Spark
I forget where exactly I saw it, but on one of the videos (maybe the LA Auto show), RJ said the battery is completely sealed in a ballistic casing. They even dropped the vehicle from a height of I think 2 feet, directly onto a rock to make sure there were no punctures.
I remember hearing the same thing. From what I have read and seen the stock skid plates protecting the batteries should be more than sufficient but the rocker panels and sides are very vulnerable to damage. That's why rock sliders are a must when offroading in any vehicle.

Also hope they are considering people installing a whinch as well.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I remember hearing the same thing. From what I have read and seen the stock skid plates protecting the batteries should be more than sufficient but the rocker panels and sides are very vulnerable to damage. That's why rock sliders are a must when offroading in any vehicle.

Also hope they are considering people installing a whinch as well.
True, Iā€™m sure once the first vehicles come off the line, all types of aftermarket equipment will be designed and sold from multiple sources.

franke

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise
Good aftermarket support will make all the difference. OEM accessories are welcomed but when it comes to offroading as Jeep has shown it is all about the after market. I hope to see a lot of options for rock rails, bumpers, winch, etc.

Sponsored

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Hoping for OEM rear shades like the BMW i3 has.

THOR

First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW wagon
I would like to see the front trunk open lifting the lights a grill with it so the storage is flat to the front like it is in the back and not deep hole up over the grill. How high is the lip to the front trunk anyway?

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Rear power window that opens to bed. Apparently itā€™s fixed glass correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Ability to jump start 12v vehicles.

Front Winch mount capability

Some knobs volume, a/c etc

Power inlet in bed for ice generator

Dirt bike friendly securing points/supports.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I thought we could talk about add-ons and options we hope come available for the R1T.

My big one would be a bed cap with solar roof, tent enclosure for the rear when the tail gate and rear window are open, and built in heater and fan.

An easy 500W of solar would fit on the roof. That would probably add 8 or more miles to the range each day. I travel for work a lot, and I think it would be pretty amazing to come back after a 10 day trip to discover an extra 80 miles of range in my batteries.

The tent would allow for camping in the bed of the truck with the tailgate down. And a chilly night would be no issue with a built in heater. I remember many times trying to campaign a car and having to start the engine to warm it up. What a waste!

My next big one is a trailer platform with a battery and motors to allow it to assist the tow vehicle, regenerative braking, and maneuvering without a tow vehicle.

Trailer cameras integrated into the Truck displays would also be awesome.

I would also like to see a 50A 220V outlet in the Rivian so you can plug in an RV.

Maybe Rivian will see this thread;)
I second that "emotion"!!! :like::clap::please:
Sponsored