Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Overall conclusion, Driver+ is pretty good, but being geofenced to mapped highways sucks.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm just glad it seems to do a decent job with some of the tighter corners. More will come.

OP
OP

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

I'm just glad it seems to do a decent job with some of the tighter corners. More will come.
So long as at some point the lane centering works on non-mapped roads I will be happy

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Overall conclusion, Driver+ is pretty good, but being geofenced to mapped highways sucks.
Just gathering info for improvement

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian needs to enable LKAS with ACC on all roads. It’s fine to leave the most advanced features for pre-mapped roads, but almost all other manufacturers allow LKAS with ACC without any geofencing or special mapping requirements — and have for years.

BKR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
It looks like the visualization only renders another vehicle once its cleared most of the truck.

Last edited:

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
It looks like the visualization only renders another vehicle once its cleared most of the car.
The current visualization looks almost exactly like my AP1 Tesla. So I would guess they are currently only using the forward camera (maybe even only using one).

As long as they unlock using lane keeping on non-mapped roads, and maybe give us automatic lane change, I'd probably be happy with how it works otherwise currently.

BKR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
The current visualization looks almost exactly like my AP1 Tesla. So I would guess they are currently only using the forward camera (maybe even only using one).

As long as they unlock using lane keeping on non-mapped roads, and maybe give us automatic lane change, I'd probably be happy with how it works otherwise currently.
Oh, interesting. Hopefully, they open up the other cameras at some point. Definitely, more of a nice to have, but got used to seeing 360 renders in my Model Y.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Out of Spec rocks! Of all reviewers out there, these guys are hands down the best. At least for EVs.

Sponsored

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
Rivian needs to enable LKAS with ACC on all roads. It’s fine to leave the most advanced features for pre-mapped roads, but almost all other manufacturers allow LKAS with ACC without any geofencing or special mapping requirements — and have for years.
Wait! Not enabled all roads!? Only works on mapped roads!? This car keeps losing tech from when it was first announced.

My Volvo XC90 LKAS and ACC works on all roads since 2017! I ordered R1S May of 2019 and am awaiting my delivery date... But this may be a deal killer as I regularly use those features!

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
It’s like month 2 of public deliveries for a new company. Safety first.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Wait! Not enabled all roads!? Only works on mapped roads!? This car keeps losing tech from when it was first announced.

My Volvo XC90 LKAS and ACC works on all roads since 2017! I ordered R1S May of 2019 and am awaiting my delivery date... But this may be a deal killer as I regularly use those features!

It’s month 2. What did Volvo have in month 2?

It’s only prudent to gather some real world data on mapped roads before enabling elsewhere.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've really enjoyed watching Out Of Spec. They have a depth to their reviews that is really impressive.

I know some folks say they go on a bit long but it's nothing that couldn't be fixed with some fancy Hollywood action movie editing.

A couple drone flybys, an explosion or two, a car chase, and some 80's rock music could really add to the excitement of reviewing a charging curve spreadsheet.

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
It’s month 2. What did Volvo have in month 2?

It’s only prudent to gather some real world data on mapped roads before enabling elsewhere.
I don't agree this should have been working on all roads since release to first buyer.
Sponsored