2022 R1S LE
Clubs

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Not to burst your bubble, but almost certainly will be his PA.
Maybe. Typically when that happens it would be signed... RJ/abc. There was no /abc. And there was a very minor typo or two. I think had someone else been responding they would have taken more time to proof and ensure that didn't happen. It struck me - and I'll obviously never know - but it struck me as a genuine response from a very busy, hurried individual.

Whether it was RJ or someone on his behalf, they didn't have to respond to my email at all. But whomever wrote the response clearly read my email. And it wasn't short. They responded with a personal response, not a canned talking point, that showed me they read my email. And it came across as genuine. I was very appreciative of the gesture regardless of who it came from.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I Haven't been following this much closely today. I'm beat. But would anyone oppose the not having the accessory prices rolling back?

I'd actually would appreciate paying the additional costs for the accessories at this point.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I Haven't been following this much closely today. I'm beat. But would anyone oppose the not having the accessory prices rolling back?
Im fine with it.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Maybe. Typically when that happens it would be signed... RJ/abc. There was no /abc. And there was a very minor typo or two. I think had someone else been responding they would have taken more time to proof and ensure that didn't happen. It struck me - and I'll obviously never know - but it struck me as a genuine response from a very busy, hurried individual.

Whether it was RJ or someone on his behalf, they didn't have to respond to my email at all. But whomever wrote the response clearly read my email. And it wasn't short. They responded with a personal response, not a canned talking point, that showed me they read my email. And it came across as genuine. I was very appreciative of the gesture regardless of who it came from.

Could be. Mine doesn’t sign different. Doesn’t matter really though as a good PA is basically an extension of the person anyways.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

I'd actually would appreciate paying the additional costs for the accessories at this point.
I would not complain but it really does not make a difference for the R1S LE. IT IS 1k more for ElCap paint, 100 for the spare tire and 50 for crossbars. They moved the tow hooks from the extra underbody shield so I had dropped the shield and opted out of the charger as it stands when the price rolls back I’m going to be 2500 less than I was and still have the tow hooks.

I think if they had discounted the increases .3% per month of reservation (3.6%) a year where 3 year reservation would have knocked 10.8% off of the 20% increase they would have survived the increase, not alienated the entire reservation community and still able to get higher prices. I’m curious what the reservation count was on Feb 28th, I’m thinking could be north of 85k, most of the numbers I’ve seen for what this will cost was using the 71k from third quarter results

Way to late now for any of that, looks like the recovery for them now should come from bonuses but would suck to penalize employees for something they had no input to.

Last edited:

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Could be. Mine doesn’t sign different. Doesn’t matter really though as a good PA is basically an extension of the person anyways.
Yeah, well my PA... wait, who am I kidding. I don't have a PA.

But yea, that was my point. Whether it was him or not, it was a gracious gesture that carried the weight of having come from him.

WylieD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav4 hybrid, Honda Insight hybrid
I am curious regarding the 7 seat configuration. To all those wanting a 5 seater. If the 7 seater's rear seats are foldable, why the concern in getting it over the 5 seater? Last I check there wasn't a price difference between the two and space will be the same.
The storage space is not the same as a 5-seat configuration. The frame and upholstered seats for the third row take up space, even folded flat, that could be used for other purposes. Like perhaps a standard, full-size spare, something I would a lot rather have than additional seating I will never use. I hope that at the least the third row seating is cleanly removable.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I haven't made up my mind yet as to what I'll do, but ever since May, my opinion of Rivian has gone down. I have seen them make misleading statements and tell half-truths.
I stand by my statement above, but my opinion has increased a little.

I can only hope they do the right thing.
RJ certainly came through in a big way. My opinion of RJ has improved. He owned his mistake and he apologized. I accept it completely. I'm made whole again and look forward to getting my Rivian. I still have a time frame set, as to when I bail, but I hope it won't be necessary.

Yesterday, I went to the Tesla Service Center in Tyler. I was set to buy a Tesla Model 3, long range tomorrow, Friday. Tesla will go online and sell from their their Service Centers inventory. I would purchase the Tesla, then wait for either the Lightning or Silverado EV reservations to come up. I don't have to do any of this now. I'm grateful to RJ for the way he handled a mistake, that a good majority of us felt as an unfair pricing adjustment. I hoped he would do the right thing......and he has.

I would also like to thank those that showed their disapproval through cancellations, as I'm sure it helped with this outcome. However, I do hope they return and give Rivian at least one more chance. Prior to accepting RJ's apology, I would have made sure they were allowed to be returned to their previous place in line and pricing. It wasn't necessary, as RJ had already thought it through and knew it was the right thing to do. A good day for all.

I like what RJ did.? ......... but I certainly wouldn't oppose those who would like to pay additional costs.......on a voluntary basis. Honestly though, I don't think RJ should back track again. It should be done voluntarily, IMO. ? It would be a nice gesture for anyone to do so. My gratitude might come in the form of paying for a Membership I normally wouldn't have considered prior to this.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot

Accessories? Nope. Wouldn't bother me. But depends what you define as accessories. The camp kitchen went up $2500 CDN. That's a big chunk.... don't care about the floor mat, charger, roof rail increases. They are all marginal increases though so it's probably not going to move the needle much for Rivian vs the goodwill for the many that may not appreciate the increases.

I do hope the split of tow hooks and under body armour does stay.

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

I just got home from a trip out of the country for the last three days. Did I miss anything?
Hey Duck - I'm a longtime follower who just joined but if you missed out on the Tuesday segment of the rollercoaster ride, I'm glad.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I just got home from a trip out of the country for the last three days. Did I miss anything?
No been pretty quite, did get a bunch of people notified of deliveries and sent sales agreements so there’s that…. ?

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Holy smokes - reading through this thread i am trying to figure out how some folks were able to land jobs that paid enough they could afford these vehicles but didn't require basic comprehension and/or reasoning skills.
Sponsored