Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

This past January, Rivian made a short film with Ben Moon (photographer/director) and a few other friends, documenting their off-the-grid adventure in the R1T and R1S in Colorado's backcountry. Watch the whole piece here and get a behind-the-scenes look at the fun.

Looking for Powder
Documenting our off-the-grid adventure in Colorado's backcountry

LINK TO FILM: https://stories.rivian.com/looking-for-powder

Some views at the R1S and R1T from the feature short film.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure1
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure2
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure3
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure4
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure5
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure6
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure7
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure8
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure9
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure10
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure11
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure12
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure14
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure15
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure16
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Short Film: Looking For Powder Rivian-R1S-R1T-Snowboarding-Adventure17
Sponsored

A Hawk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i8
Nice piece and video. Wish there was more footage of the Rivians especially showing how they deal with the snow and rougher terrain though. But I get that they want to convey the lifestyle and joy that Rivian will bring us future owners :)

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Ugh. I'm just not this cool, or photogenic. Nor will my future R1T likely ever see this terrain. But I still think the truck is fantastic, the design is spot-on, and I'm rooting for Rivian to succeed. For us mere mortals to graduate to "ambassador" status, though, is a stretch. Bogus Basin, or Hidden Valley, in my Dbag flannel and mismatched outerwear accessorized with duct tape - now you're talkin.' Got to cut corners for that R1T payment somehow. ;-)

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
Ugh. I'm just not this cool, or photogenic. Nor will my future R1T likely ever see this terrain. But I still think the truck is fantastic, the design is spot-on, and I'm rooting for Rivian to succeed. For us mere mortals to graduate to "ambassador" status, though, is a stretch. Bogus Basin, or Hidden Valley, in my Dbag flannel and mismatched outerwear accessorized with duct tape - now you're talkin.' Got to cut corners for that R1T payment somehow. ;-)
:CWL: So true. But happy to see more footage of these beautiful trucks.

That panoramic roof is huge! That's great and all but I have two concerns - it doesn't look like there's a retractable shade and it looks crazy reflective. A retractable shade would help heat buildup from having the entire roof being glass (even if tinted) and would cut down on the inside reflection.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

:CWL: So true. But happy to see more footage of these beautiful trucks.

That panoramic roof is huge! That's great and all but I have two concerns - it doesn't look like there's a retractable shade and it looks crazy reflective. A retractable shade would help heat buildup from having the entire roof being glass (even if tinted) and would cut down on the inside reflection.
Maybe they’ll have something like the Model X? The front windshield is huge, but it comes with a slip on visor that we end up leaving on year round because it cuts down on glare and keeps the temperature down. The windshield is already pretty tinted towards the top, but the visor helps.

Last edited:

Sponsored

franke

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Elise
Maybe they’ll have something like the Model X? He front windshield is huge, but it comes with a slip on visor that we end up leaving on year round because it cuts down on glare and keeps he temperature down. The windshield is already pretty tinted towards the top, but the visor helps.
I've seen the Model X slip on sunscreen visor and I don't think that would work for a window panel this large. It would likely sag in the middle.

Best method of providing extra sun protection would be if they made a built in screen that can be open/closed fully or partially with the push of a button. Of course that adds cost and complexity but having a manually operated sunscreen seems out of character for how upscale the R1S interior seems.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I think a motorized screen would add to much complexity to the design and potentially block some of the available real estate.

My X screen is pretty rigid with tabs all the way around to keep it in place pretty firmly. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what they come up with, or some type of aftermarket product.
Sponsored