Wrist Band

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
In the spirit of the whole Apple Car Play & Android Auto rants, I really want to get the wristband that my "concierge" originally told me would be available in the shop. It can't be all that expensive for Rivian to order 20,000 of these and sell them to us suckers for a stupid amount of money. I'd wager that they can get them built and shipped from Asia for under $20 apiece, then sell them to us for $150+. Can I get a "here here"?

In the meantime, I've really enjoyed the proximity update to the FOB. It's working better than ever now.
Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
There are a few options out there for rings that serve as keycards for Teslas, I gotta imagine something aftermarket like that will be available for Rivians at some point.

Animalhouse

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 hummer H3T (manual), 2018 dodge ram
Occupation
Contractor
Here here

Jamlank

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I agree. Let’s do this Rivian!

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

I got a wrist band when I took delivery - I guess that has changed? Honestly I've never even tried it -- guess I should give it a go. Would love it if there is a way to turn it into an apple watch band....

Sponsored

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
I have no need for mine.

DamonR1T

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Manager of Technology Product Management
In the spirit of the whole Apple Car Play & Android Auto rants, I really want to get the wristband that my "concierge" originally told me would be available in the shop. It can't be all that expensive for Rivian to order 20,000 of these and sell them to us suckers for a stupid amount of money. I'd wager that they can get them built and shipped from Asia for under $20 apiece, then sell them to us for $150+. Can I get a "here here"?

In the meantime, I've really enjoyed the proximity update to the FOB. It's working better than ever now.
You should be able to order one through Rivian Service. I ordered a new key card and wristband last week and they have been setup on my account and are in the mail on their way to me as I type this. Cost about $260 with tax for the keycard, wristband and programming of each.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
You should be able to order one through Rivian Service. I ordered a new key card and wristband last week and they have been setup on my account and are in the mail on their way to me as I type this. Cost about $260 with tax for the keycard, wristband and programming of each.
Launch edition?

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Has anyone gone through the process of reprogramming a wristband that they've bought 2nd hand? If so, could you please share what's involved in doing so? Thanks

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The better option would be a Rivian app for the watch. Waak.
Someone did point out a big advantage of a passive wristband vs. a watch: Watch batteries die and watches can get smashed and die. I would personally use WaaK more than a wristband, but I think it makes sense for them to have both options.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I have yet to use mine. I think its a cool idea but just don't need it. The fob I've only used when going to drop off at a service center. Not being a Tesla owner before I guess I didn't realize how convenient the phone as a key is. The key card stays in my wallet at all times and came in clutch the day the system went down. I probably wouldn't sell my wrist band but unless I was a surfer I really doubt I would pay money to get one either.
Sponsored