RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
@RWerksman Thanks for doing this and I'm impressed with how quick you shipped also.
Some early orders started shipping yesterday. The orders that need assembly will take a bit longer. The goal is to get absolutely everything shipped next week at the latest.
Sponsored

Mark’s RT-1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y and Model Y Perf. And some other EVs
Occupation
Bus. Owner.
Clubs

Thanks Rob. We appreciate you. 👍

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Rivian R1T R1S Working Magsafe / Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Pad Install! - DIY Writeup 050409D4-E1CF-4409-9CBB-402D7550D77A

Coming in hot! With assembly! Sadly I’ll need to get my rivian back from the service center.

Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Some early orders started shipping yesterday. The orders that need assembly will take a bit longer. The goal is to get absolutely everything shipped next week at the latest.
I really appreciate the effort you put in to this and the crazy fast speed to execution.

I have high hopes that this will enable CarPlay.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What wireless pads are you using? I’ve got pretty much everything but the pads to do this. I tried using the apple MagSafe but the magnets weren’t strong enough to pass through the rubber pad of the Rivian.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
You will get email with tracking.
Yep - I assemble everything, package it up, buy the label, pop it on the package, then click the button to generate the email. Typically they are dropped off same day or next day if it's after 4:30 local time.

I'm up to order numbers in the mid 30's with a sprinkling of folks who ordered later but only purchased the cell phone mount or glasses holder.

BTW - we have last than 10 of everything remaining.

What wireless pads are you using? I’ve got pretty much everything but the pads to do this. I tried using the apple MagSafe but the magnets weren’t strong enough to pass through the rubber pad of the Rivian.
I found them on Amazon, but they are no longer available via the company I purchased from. I contacted them and they direct shipped me a batch from China. So far, I don't see any other sellers retailing them and I haven't found them on Aliexpress.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Hi How easy is it to install in the truck? Is the rubber pad glued down? Didn't see a video showing start to finish installation, just putting the kit together.

Thanks

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Hi How easy is it to install in the truck? Is the rubber pad glued down? Didn't see a video showing start to finish installation, just putting the kit together.

Thanks
The video is coming soon, and installation is easy. Here is basically what you would be looking at:
  1. Remove the rubber pad. It's secured onto the charging pad underneath by double sided tape. The bottom of the little dish in front has two little notches that it fits into on the bottom of it. You should be able to push the very front of it back a bit and just pull up and back with minimal force to remove it.
  2. Take out POS charging pad and bracket. It comes out as one complete piece - the pad is screwed into the bottom of bracket. The bracket itself has two horizontal slots it slides into right below the center console release buttons, and clips on the front most part. You'll need to insert a trim tool (or similar) between the bracket and the front of the console - the tabs on the bracket will bend slightly toward the back of the vehicle and the front of the entire assembly will pull right up.
  3. Unplug the POS pad.
  4. Remove the four torx screws holding the pad onto the bracket. They are at each corner. You can optionally screw the torx screws back into the bracket without the pad, just to keep everything together.
  5. Pop the bracket back into the truck. Set the POS pad aside for future reinstallation, if needed.
  6. Install the new Magsafe pad. It will literally drop right in. Remember to plug it in if you would like it to work. 😁
  7. Reinstall the rubber pad. It will also just pop right on. You don't need to tape it on, IMHO.
You may need to tweak where the charging pads are to get them just right.

Remember - the thiccer 🤣 the case, the less magnetism your phone will experience.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
How many kits do you have left @RWerksman? I just got my R1T on Wednesday and it’s been getting PPF work, so haven’t really gotten to see how my phone works on the OEM charger setup yet.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Ordered. Thank you!

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

How many kits do you have left @RWerksman? I just got my R1T on Wednesday and it’s been getting PPF work, so haven’t really gotten to see how my phone works on the OEM charger setup yet.
I'll go ahead and tell you how it works before you get your truck back. IT DOESN'T. If you are of a certain age you will remember playing with the rabbit ears on the TV to get the picture to come in. This is like that except the rabbit ears are in a hurricane because the pad isn't grippy enough to keep the phone In place once you find the sweet spot

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'll go ahead and tell you how it works before you get your truck back. IT DOESN'T. If you are of a certain age you will remember playing with the rabbit ears on the TV to get the picture to come in. This is like that except the rabbit ears are in a hurricane because the pad isn't grippy enough to keep the phone In place once you find the sweet spot
I feel like my experience with the stock wireless charging pad has been the "best case scenario" and I still think it's useless. My phone connects and registers "charging" 100% of the time, on the first try. My phone also stays in place during normal driving (benefits of a leather case, I guess?). However, I never actually gain any % charge. I don't lose any, either, so clearly it gets some juice... But it's less than a trickle.

I haven't heard from anyone where it actually works reliably and delivers decent charge.

Corey10e

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Bummer... already out... so sad... I missed it... and REALLy wanted one. If I order the assembly only will you include a pad? j/k
Sponsored