Sponsored

smikk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, e38 BMW 740iS, C7 Audi A6 APR S2
Damn, I watched this thread for so long and slipped up right as the ordering went live... any chance there is another batch planned?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Damn, I watched this thread for so long and slipped up right as the ordering went live... any chance there is another batch planned?
I'd really like to get these delivered and receive feedback on them prior to making another batch. I have a feeling that I may need to adjust a few things.

Also, the assembly is more time intensive than anticipated, so I may not be doing that in the future.

Also also, I think I have a line on a alternate way to connect it to the vehicle that won't require the Molex plug. It's a 150A capable connector with two prongs in it that will basically insert into the make connector from the truck and then a little 3D printed part to hold both ends together.

We would likely be looking at September at the earliest.

smikk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, e38 BMW 740iS, C7 Audi A6 APR S2
I'd really like to get these delivered and receive feedback on them prior to making another batch. I have a feeling that I may need to adjust a few things.

Also, the assembly is more time intensive than anticipated, so I may not be doing that in the future.

Also also, I think I have a line on a alternate way to connect it to the vehicle that won't require the Molex plug. It's a 150A capable connector with two prongs in it that will basically insert into the make connector from the truck and then a little 3D printed part to hold both ends together.

We would likely be looking at September at the earliest.
Thanks RWerksman! The more direct interface with the truck's connector will be very cool! Happy to do a pre-order for the next batch (to help further fund your R&D šŸ˜Š)

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and countingā€¦.
Clubs

Wait! am I a Guinea Pig??? :oops: LOL j/k

I guess I'll start bidding at bout tree fitty for my" launch edition magsafe charge kit". It's currently in transit to me but it may be about 12 weeks before I get a title to it if Rob is like Rivian!;)

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
Dang, Iā€™m in the same boat. I guess I need to check this thread daily!

Sponsored

whereismyr1t

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
Got mine installed and working. Probably going to need some tweaks for mine, the Rivian pad is just too thick for the magnet to hold the phone in place.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I feel like my experience with the stock wireless charging pad has been the "best case scenario" and I still think it's useless. My phone connects and registers "charging" 100% of the time, on the first try. My phone also stays in place during normal driving (benefits of a leather case, I guess?). However, I never actually gain any % charge. I don't lose any, either, so clearly it gets some juice... But it's less than a trickle.

I haven't heard from anyone where it actually works reliably and delivers decent charge.
I had the same situation with my iPhone with a case. As soon as I removed the case, it starts charging significantly faster, but then it slides around like itā€™s on ice lol

travbz814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Clubs

Got mine installed and working. Probably going to need some tweaks for mine, the Rivian pad is just too thick for the magnet to hold the phone in place.
Same for me. Using an iPhone 13 Pro. Seems like the camera bump is creating too much of a gap.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Quick update for everyone:
  • Everyone who ordered a charging pad without assembly has been shipped a package.
  • Everyone who ordered the first day has been shipped a package.
  • Everyone who ordered something that won't charge their phone has been shipped a package.
There are exactly 10 orders still pending, and I'm wiped for the day so those will get done tomorrow or the day after. Initially I wanted to fill everything before the end of this upcoming week - I'm pretty thrilled to say that I'm not Rivian as I'm ahead of schedule. šŸ˜†

Funny story though - I thought it would be neat if I did 'Launch Edition Yellow' zip ties on this first batch. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it until today, so the early early ones are black and most of this batch is yellow. You won't see these at all when installed, but you'll know it's there and that it was done with love.

Going forward, I really, really want to get feedback on these. Good, bad or otherwise. The quicker I get it, the quicker I can determine if I need to make changes and get a second batch going. There are so many people who have posted and messaged about still wanting one that I'm planning on doing at least one more batch.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
SUATMM!

I want. Whatever gen you are on. Please and thanks.

Neighbors

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius
Occupation
Media Development
I'm a month or two (who am I kidding? At least two...) away from receiving my R1S, but based on the posts on this forum I'd be a fool to not order one of these awesome duo-dealios as well.

Thanks for taking this on, man, and good luck on working up version 2.

PS: Obviously, no rush ;)

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Quick update for everyone:
  • Everyone who ordered a charging pad without assembly has been shipped a package.
  • Everyone who ordered the first day has been shipped a package.
  • Everyone who ordered something that won't charge their phone has been shipped a package.
There are exactly 10 orders still pending, and I'm wiped for the day so those will get done tomorrow or the day after. Initially I wanted to fill everything before the end of this upcoming week - I'm pretty thrilled to say that I'm not Rivian as I'm ahead of schedule. šŸ˜†

Funny story though - I thought it would be neat if I did 'Launch Edition Yellow' zip ties on this first batch. Unfortunately, I didn't think of it until today, so the early early ones are black and most of this batch is yellow. You won't see these at all when installed, but you'll know it's there and that it was done with love.

Going forward, I really, really want to get feedback on these. Good, bad or otherwise. The quicker I get it, the quicker I can determine if I need to make changes and get a second batch going. There are so many people who have posted and messaged about still wanting one that I'm planning on doing at least one more batch.
I think Iā€™m in that last 10. Iā€™m in no rush and appreciative of what youā€™re doing. Looking forward to getting this. I have had decent luck with the current charger but have to take up the whole pad. I want be able to charge two phones and not have to use charging wires. Also looking forward to install video. Iā€™m somewhat challenged in this space and donā€™t want to wreck anything!

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I think Iā€™m in that last 10. Iā€™m in no rush and appreciative of what youā€™re doing. Looking forward to getting this. I have had decent luck with the current charger but have to take up the whole pad. I want be able to charge two phones and not have to use charging wires. Also looking forward to install video. Iā€™m somewhat challenged in this space and donā€™t want to wreck anything!
50/50 chance assuming the name on your order is Joe. šŸ˜†

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Started watching this page carefully, hoping to hop on that next round promptly! :)
Sponsored