SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have installed a set of window vent shades from AVS. The fit is perfect and they look OEM. Here's a shot of Opal (our R1T) sporting her new upgrade.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Window Vent Shades installed DSCN0107.JPG
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
We have installed a set of window vent shades from AVS. The fit is perfect and they look OEM. Here's a shot of Opal (our R1T) sporting her new upgrade.

Brian

DSCN0107.JPG
Any change (better or worse) in highway wind noise?

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Any change (better or worse) in highway wind noise?
We do not notice any difference. Keep in mind that we live 50 miles from the nearest Interstate. Our sustained speeds rarely exceed 55 mph.

Brian

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I REALLY want some weather guards for my truck, but I'm waiting to see if Weathertech can develop some. I really prefer the versions that compliantly integrate with the weather sealing, versus these versions that just 3M tape on.

That said, I'm not 100% confident we'll get the true Weathertech versions, as there's not much of a lip or tolerance between the gaskets and windows, so this may be the only realistic solution anyway...

Either way, OP, these look good on your truck (in my opinion)!

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

is at-speed open window(s) buffeting reduced?

Sponsored

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have been using the AVS brand vent shades on my pick-ups for at least twenty years. in the past I have always gotten the ones that install in the window glass channel as opposed to the surface stick-ons. For the R1T the only ones offered are the stick-ons. I decided to give them a try. I'll see how they do. If you look in the picture in post #1, you can see the AVS in -channel vent shields installed on the Duramax.

Brian

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

is at-speed open window(s) buffeting reduced?
I think that it is better because the vent shield runs all the way down to the rear view mirror.

Brian

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I have been using the AVS brand vent shades on my pick-ups for at least twenty years. in the past I have always gotten the ones that install in the window glass channel as opposed to the surface stick-ons. For the R1T the only ones offered are the stick-ons. I decided to give them a try. I'll see how they do. If you look in the picture in post #1, you can see the AVS in -channel vent shields installed on the Duramax.

Brian
I've used them on every truck I have had for the past 20 years as well, and frankly I prefer the stick-on, as window roll up can be more challenging on the ones that slot inbetween and with a software controlled vehicle, that is not something I'm willing to to take a chance on. I'll get these. Thanks for the post!

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I've used them on every truck I have had for the past 20 years as well, and frankly I prefer the stick-on, as window roll up can be more challenging on the ones that slot inbetween and with a software controlled vehicle, that is not something I'm willing to to take a chance on. I'll get these. Thanks for the post!
That's a good point, for sure.

My reticence is this: how has (if at all) using the 3M tape affected paint/finish at and around the area? Has it held up over time and remained: 1- good looking and 2- well adhered?

Not looking to turnover the R1T anytime soon, but economics and circumstances happen, and if I have to sell the truck, I'd rather be able to return it to complete OEM and make sure there aren't any traces of aftermarket buffoonery (including any kind of residual scratches/markings/etc).

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

That's a good point, for sure.

My reticence is this: how has (if at all) using the 3M tape affected paint/finish at and around the area? Has it held up over time and remained: 1- good looking and 2- well adhered?

Not looking to turnover the R1T anytime soon, but economics and circumstances happen, and if I have to sell the truck, I'd rather be able to return it to complete OEM and make sure there aren't any traces of aftermarket buffoonery (including any kind of residual scratches/markings/etc).
On my Tundra, I had to replace one shade that cracked after a few years and the 3M tape adhesive remnant removed with Goo Gone and left no tell-tale signs it was ever installed.
Sponsored