Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Trum field (DPW side) or Tufts Park, Morton St. Medford both have decent parking but Tufts Park is a little quieter.

You have the prize, so let us know what’s more convenient, mid day weekdays, evenings, weekends? We won’t all be able to make it so pick one and a couple of us will be happy and some sad. Haha
Sponsored

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
Somebody has to start some conversation in the New England locale!!!
I did the configurator last week and am waiting for a Launch Green LE R1T with the black interior? Pre-ordered on 25 April 2019. Who else is out there?
ordered sept/2021 white with black interior. Oct-Dec window. My friend spotted a Rivian Blue vehicle in West Springfield MA a few days ago.

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

All good, I’d be doing the same thing if I knew there was one close to me. First time I saw one was Saturday when it showed up for delivery. I’m between Davis and Teele, good luck
That's my old neighborhood, I might just drive by tonight...

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Wow. I'm shocked twice today!
First about to head into work this morning when I get the 8 Steps email from Rivian!
Scrambled to complete what I could, but my guide has not responded what is going on here. He told me October a week ago. But I can literally schedule a delivery time this week! Of course, no way I will have finances and insurance figured out that quickly, but I'm pretty sure I just won some lottery!

Now with added pressure that I really need to be SURE I want to make such a big purchase and never seen one, I really did figure I could take 30-40 minutes to zip over to Davis and cruise some of the streets. You can imagine how much my neck hurts turning to look up hundreds of driveways left and right. But sadly, none to be seen (Glad to see lots of other EVs though!). So I was about to turn out of the last street back towards home, just at the stop sign and right at that moment...a Rivian passes by! Picture me absolutely losing it at that moment.

Full apologies, but I had to follow it for a few blocks to get a good look and judge size. Absolutely beautiful rolling down the street. I probably just should have kept going when he stopped but I couldn't resist. So sorry for being a bit of a creep but thank you for letting me see the the truck for the first time, and it was great to meet you @peterwright96 !

And yeah, no question I will be pestering my guide in the morning to make my delivery happen ASAP!

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
Wow. I'm shocked twice today!
First about to head into work this morning when I get the 8 Steps email from Rivian!
Scrambled to complete what I could, but my guide has not responded what is going on here. He told me October a week ago. But I can literally schedule a delivery time this week! Of course, no way I will have finances and insurance figured out that quickly, but I'm pretty sure I just won some lottery!

Now with added pressure that I really need to be SURE I want to make such a big purchase and never seen one, I really did figure I could take 30-40 minutes to zip over to Davis and cruise some of the streets. You can imagine how much my neck hurts turning to look up hundreds of driveways left and right. But sadly, none to be seen (Glad to see lots of other EVs though!). So I was about to turn out of the last street back towards home, just at the stop sign and right at that moment...a Rivian passes by! Picture me absolutely losing it at that moment.

Full apologies, but I had to follow it for a few blocks to get a good look and judge size. Absolutely beautiful rolling down the street. I probably just should have kept going when he stopped but I couldn't resist. So sorry for being a bit of a creep but thank you for letting me see the the truck for the first time, and it was great to meet you @peterwright96 !

And yeah, no question I will be pestering my guide in the morning to make my delivery happen ASAP!
Congrats! Great story. Awesome to finally have some R1Ts arriving in the Boston area...even if it is still a slow trickle at this point.

My daughter frantically called me this afternoon after she and my wife spotted a black R1T driving down Mass Ave in Arlington. Unfortunately, I wasn't with them at the time of the sighting, but I got a full report. I don't think that matches the configuration for @peterwright96 so there may be another R1T residing in our neck of the woods.

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am going to be in the Boston area end of next week (thursday/friday/sat morning).

Hoping the service center might be open but if not would anyone be willing to give me 5 mins to look at their truck?

Never seen one in person before.

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I am going to be in the Boston area end of next week (thursday/friday/sat morning).

Hoping the service center might be open but if not would anyone be willing to give me 5 mins to look at their truck?

If I get mine soon I'll just drive it to you, I'm in VT every weekend

Ryanrivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota’s Highlander Hybrid

I did a drive by on Friday, I looked around inside and out and it seemed very close, interiors seemed nearly complete. Not open tho.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Congrats! Great story. Awesome to finally have some R1Ts arriving in the Boston area...even if it is still a slow trickle at this point.

My daughter frantically called me this afternoon after she and my wife spotted a black R1T driving down Mass Ave in Arlington. Unfortunately, I wasn't with them at the time of the sighting, but I got a full report. I don't think that matches the configuration for @peterwright96 so there may be another R1T residing in our neck of the woods.
@ShrinkDoc there is a black R1T in Somerville that is likely the truck your daughter saw.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I'm wondering if Rivian is focusing deliveries in New England as they get ready to open the Chelsea MA service center? I have a guide call today. Fingers Crossed.

Sponsored

Joninrye

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hey, look what showed up today! Delivery was super smooth and truck looks great. Lots to learn now!

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? F5B3076D-98C8-46D5-92A2-0C5FF42C7624

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 34D47A19-EF3C-4F5C-820A-5A9BC595CEFA

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 57420181-C441-497A-B95A-4508214B633B

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? C068A4B6-87A6-466A-9A5A-8BB4DEF1168C

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Hey, look what showed up today! Delivery was super smooth and truck looks great. Lots to learn now!

F5B3076D-98C8-46D5-92A2-0C5FF42C7624.jpeg

34D47A19-EF3C-4F5C-820A-5A9BC595CEFA.jpeg

57420181-C441-497A-B95A-4508214B633B.jpeg

C068A4B6-87A6-466A-9A5A-8BB4DEF1168C.jpeg
Congrats! What town are you in?

also, how do you guys get I do I to your footer?

Joninrye

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

SteveDoverNH

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tundra, 2016 Miata
Occupation
volunteer, retired Manufacturing/SC
just outside portsmouth nh
Hey Jon -- Congrats!
I am in Dover, just a few miles away. Glad to see some deliveries in our area, even before the Boston service center opens.
My preorder was 1/3/19, but I changed config to Adventure pkg in the fall when the notice came in that Explore was delayed. So that probably accounts for the lack of comms from Rivian so far this year....
Good luck with your truck!

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
PBA signed tonight. Rescheduled guide call Monday. Was postponed because he was out sick. Texted to confirm my config and he locked in the config. Super impressed with the service so far!
Sponsored