Sponsored

Which front fascia/headlight alignment is correct?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Since delivery I've had inconsistent alignment with my front fascia and headlights. On the passenger side, the headlight sits consistently proud of the fascia all the way around. On the driver side, the headlight sits proud near the top and recessed near the bottom. My theory is the driver side is wrong, and the issue lies in the fascia because my charge port also has some misalignment, but I wanted to get confirmation from others who don't have this issue.

Passenger side

Rivian R1T R1S Which front fascia/headlight alignment is correct? C1F4305B-DCE8-4986-BA20-06FAC95E0336_1_105_c

Driver side

Rivian R1T R1S Which front fascia/headlight alignment is correct? 64A78800-ECCC-4D65-BB83-D7AAC89F332C_1_105_c
Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

i may be wrong, but i do believe that the driver side is suppose to be aimed lower (to avoid blinding the driver of the on-coming traffic) and the passenger side aimed higher (this is to light up road signs).

OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
i may be wrong, but i do believe that the driver side is suppose to be aimed lower (to avoid blinding the driver of the on-coming traffic) and the passenger side aimed higher (this is to light up road signs).
I could see that, but I would think they'd aim the projectors themselves down within the housing rather than the entire housing.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

i looked at my truck, and it as well is like yours, driver side flush or slightly further in from fascia and passenger side is just proud of the fascia.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I could see that, but I would think they'd aim the projectors themselves down within the housing rather than the entire housing.
Just got mine back yesterday. They replaced the passenger headlight due to water intrusion. Mine look symmetrical.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

VINs of the OP & the comps?

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Im 76xx. There appears to be a negligible difference between my driver & passenger sides, but not nearly as much as the OP.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
From page 53 of the R1T Owner's Guide:

2023-01-02 09_37_02-R1T Owner's Guide.png
That is in reference to the light projected from the headlight assembly. The OP is asking about the relative alignment of the headlight housings. In most vehicles, the housings are positioned symmetrically and the aiming of the lights are handled internal to the housing. I think the question here is whether or not aiming the projected light requires you to change the position of the entire headlight assembly.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
It is hard to tell from pics….
to me it appears the lower blue facia may not be aligned properly.
maybe use a level to see if the headlights are vertical (the pics seem to show they are vertical)….just an idea to check.
Sponsored