Sponsored

When will Large battery pack be available for pre-order?

Amoroso6

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 diesel Chevy bolt
Occupation
Bakery owner
So I had to cancel my launch addition and wanted to sometime this year reorder for next year. Have we heard when the large battery pack will be available for pre order?
Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
So I had to cancel my launch addition and wanted to sometime this year reorder for next year. Have we heard when the large battery pack will be available for pre order?
It is available to order now and has been for a long time - we just don't know when they will ship. Why did you not just wait until contacted by a guide and convert your launch edition pre order to a max pack order?

OP
OP

Amoroso6

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bakery owner
It is available to order now and has been for a long time - we just don't know when they will ship. Why did you not just wait until contacted by a guide and convert your launch edition pre order to a max pack order?
My Tesla lease was up and didn't want to continue driving an ICE for rhe next year so I bought another tesla which will go to my son when the R1S is ready. I just need to go and place the order if the large pack 400 battery is available for preorder.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My Tesla lease was up and didn't want to continue driving an ICE for rhe next year so I bought another tesla which will go to my son when the R1S is ready. I just need to go and place the order if the large pack 400 battery is available for preorder.
Oh - I was thinking R1T - which does have the max pack as option to order now. I would assume so does the R1S, but not 100% sure.

OP
OP

Amoroso6

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bakery owner
Oh - I was thinking R1T - which does have the max pack as option to order now. I would assume so does the R1S, but not 100% sure.
Last week when I checked it wasn't available. I would love the RT1 ans eliminate my truck and car and use it for everything but the towing distance per charge is a concern for me when we camp. Or I need to haul something over a couple hundred miles.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There is currently no max pack option for the R1S. Whenever the longer range version may finally be announced, be prepared that it may not be rated at over 400 miles as with the R1T.

Personally, I wouldn't have cancelled my reservation... I would have deferred delivery until the longer range R1S is available.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is currently no max pack option for the R1S. Whenever the longer range version may finally be announced, be prepared that it may not be rated at over 400 miles as with the R1T.

Personally, I wouldn't have cancelled my reservation... I would have deferred delivery until the longer range R1S is available.
Agreed. That was the sentiment I was trying to convey.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just pointing out that the "Large Pack" is the one currently shipping, and the "Max Pack" is the longer range pack you are asking about.

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
I have a max pack reserved, but everytime I ask for details to when the first will be made I get no where with CS.

Likely at the moment Rivian wants to deliver more cars vs dedicating limited lithium supply to larger range single orders. Definitely not a bad thing IMO

Towing range or a full/partial payload range on the "large pack" is what is pushing us over to max pack
Sponsored

Last edited: