Sponsored

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
June 2, 2019. I'm thinking that it will be early 2022. Time will tell.
Sponsored

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Deposit Feb 28 2019. Hoping to get one before the year anniversary.

Pdzl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Just ordered, Feb 7 2020.

Since Rivian is delivering the upper trims first, how many people are planning on the base battery vs the upper level batteries and trims?

Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Just ordered, Feb 7 2020.

Since Rivian is delivering the upper trims first, how many people are planning on the base battery vs the upper level batteries and trims?
This is what a lot of people that have preordered recently, versus when the vehicles were first announced forget about. Not everyone will want/need the biggest battery or all the options, so even though they preordered in 2018, they might actually be behind someone that preordered in 2020. No one knows for sure where they sit in line and while I think the configuration email will start narrowing down timelines, it’s still not an exact science.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I deposited early, and continue to waffle between the mid-range and long-range R1T with all the goodies. I don't really need the long range, but 400 vice 300 miles ... but I also don't want to give up the lockable under seat storage, and 3.0 seconds keep calling my name. I wouldn't actually mind an option to delay delivery if needed to match my current i3s lease completion mid-2021, making some other customer happier to move up in line.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
11/30/2018 at 10:36 a.m. Reasonably early. Two car review guys, Fred Lambert and Alex on Autos, jumped on board and I did too. If it was good enough for them, a couple of pros, I figured they saved me a lot of research and worry.

I reserved a R1T but then started waffling as the R1S is sleek, sexy and more maneuverable, but after the Mill Valley/SF event and seeing the vehicles up close, the versatility, practicality, and beveled edge beauty of the R1T wowed me. I'm inclined toward the mid-level, 135 kW battery and two sets of adjustable roof/bed racks. With racks on the roof and in the bed at the same height and using the gear tunnel step and 180 degree tailgate, it should be relatively easy to carry long items which doesn't happen too often, but part of the R1T's practicality is you can do it when you need it.

Last edited:

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I deposited early, and continue to waffle between the mid-range and long-range R1T with all the goodies. I don't really need the long range, but 400 vice 300 miles ... but I also don't want to give up the lockable under seat storage, and 3.0 seconds keep calling my name. I wouldn't actually mind an option to delay delivery if needed to match my current i3s lease completion mid-2021, making some other customer happier to move up in line.
I suspect 3.0 seconds instead of 3.5 would make neither of us less giddy. But I suppose it is kind of fun knowing you have the faster one.

Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
When you buy an ICE vehicle do you tell the saleman I really don't need a 25 gallon tank, do you have a 10 gallon available, after all there is a gas station on every corner.

Reactions: Rad

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
Well, it wasn't that long ago that I'd ask the sales person that I wanted the dual tank option rather than the single 12 gallon tank :).

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Feb 13, 2019

Last edited:

dzmconstr

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S 75D
With-in 30 mins of pre-orders opening, was that 27 Nov 2018...

Didn't receive anything from Rivian until 12 Dec 2018 when I received a spam ad for pre-orderers. Then on Jan 8 2019 after inquiry they said "We were unable to send you an automated confirmation e-mail because of your firewall settings. Please check your SPF settings to ensure ‘[email protected]’ is allowed to send you e-mails or share your personal email id with us for future communication." which is BS because I run my server and there was no email from Rivian.
Dzm
Sponsored