Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I guess its not the "CORPORATE" thing to do and they want to do it right, but that is just the information/showing part of the vehicle. Doesn't really handle the rest of it which is the more complicated rollout part.
No, I know. I'm being a shit to make a point that the information they haven't gotten out doesn't need a website overhaul. It can sit on their blog. It can be communicated through a press release. Or a review. Or a Snapchat post. They have our email addresses. Shit, send me something through USPS.

I'm not really annoyed honestly. Just impatient and looking for a no stress distraction from work.
Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
The fact that the new bronco went from concept to production so quick, and how ford is shipping out test vehicles to demo sites to show the off-road capabilities and making copious videos showing the inside and outside and all specifics of the truck, whereas Rivian still figuring out specifics of features... Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just receive my r1t right away vs letting them send out hundreds of trucks to journalist's, but its getting down to the wire where we won't be able to get drive them or check them out at all, much less even see actually photos of all the paint colors in the wild, before we have to lock in our order for delivery.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The fact that the new bronco went from concept to production so quick, and how ford is shipping out test vehicles to demo sites to show the off-road capabilities and making copious videos showing the inside and outside and all specifics of the truck, whereas Rivian still figuring out specifics of features... Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just receive my r1t right away vs letting them send out hundreds of trucks to journalist's, but its getting down to the wire where we won't be able to get drive them or check them out at all, much less even see actually photos of all the paint colors in the wild, before we have to lock in our order for delivery.
How about the Ioniq 5? When did Hyundai develop the EGMP platform? Like... 3weeks ago? I know everything I want to know about it, and have seen multiple reviews of it.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

The only real comparison would be Tesla around 2012 imho. Everyone else has already established all of their backbone as a company.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The only real comparison would be Tesla around 2012 imho. Everyone else has already established all of their backbone as a company.
Lucid.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yea... not sure if you know whats going on with them, they are the opposite but more or less in the same state. Yes they have more information, a better site and more social media-ish (I think the same) how ever their order status is still unknown, no epa figures, or crash tests as well (though they come often after).

I think they are in the same boat as Rivian just a bit more flashy with their reveal. I think rivian will still deliver first.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yea... not sure if you know whats going on with them, they are the opposite but more or less in the same state. Yes they have more information, a better site and more social media-ish (I think the same) how ever their order status is still unknown, no epa figures, or crash tests as well (though they come often after).

I think they are in the same boat as Rivian just a bit more flashy with their reveal. I think rivian will still deliver first.
Oh, I don't doubt Rivian will get card in hands first. But, even though I have little interest in Lucid, I have a better idea about their production intent version literally from their tech info they've released and recent videos with people driving or being driven in the car.

Which is the point. Warranties are cool Insurance is cool. RAN is (very) cool. But they're not the car. RJ could sit in an R1 for 10 minutes and walk us through most of what anyone cares about (other than when).

Which is the weird thing to me. They have prototypes at public events. They are still doing that. Yet getting any sort of real info about the interior, or any specifics is like asking my wife what she wants for dinner.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I'm not really annoyed honestly. Just impatient and looking for a no stress distraction from work.
Think this sums up the last year for way more than just this vehicle, heh

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Oh, I don't doubt Rivian will get card in hands first. But, even though I have little interest in Lucid, I have a better idea about their production intent version literally from their tech info they've released and recent videos with people driving or being driven in the car.

Which is the point. Warranties are cool Insurance is cool. RAN is (very) cool. But they're not the car. RJ could sit in an R1 for 10 minutes and walk us through most of what anyone cares about (other than when).

Which is the weird thing to me. They have prototypes at public events. They are still doing that. Yet getting any sort of real info about the interior, or any specifics is like asking my wife what she wants for dinner.
Exactly. Theres all these public events that they've been showing up to with vehicles, but rather than doing walk throughs for owners, they're catering to politicians or whoever they are trying to impress.

Or producing these flashy little snippet videos that have zero worthwhile info in them, and barely holding onto individual shots of the truck to give you an idea before cutting to the next one. Take a few minutes, slow down, stop, and show us the button that opens the trunk, the bed, show them in action. Show the gear tunnel door opening with the button or key fob or whatever. Show the seats folding up and down. etc.

Lucid has had vehicles in showrooms for over half a year now, with their motor module, battery module, inverter, all on display, proudly showing the available options and colors and everything. I was impressed with the one in century city. Is it a waste of money and resources doing that, vs focusing on production? Sure, but I'd be happy with some more ambitious social media presence, doing a review of some thing every week, actively posting photos of plant progress or vehicle build progress or anything really.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Exactly. Theres all these public events that they've been showing up to with vehicles, but rather than doing walk throughs for owners, they're catering to politicians or whoever they are trying to impress.

Or producing these flashy little snippet videos that have zero worthwhile info in them, and barely holding onto individual shots of the truck to give you an idea before cutting to the next one. Take a few minutes, slow down, stop, and show us the button that opens the trunk, the bed, show them in action. Show the gear tunnel door opening with the button or key fob or whatever. Show the seats folding up and down. etc.

Lucid has had vehicles in showrooms for over half a year now, with their motor module, battery module, inverter, all on display, proudly showing the available options and colors and everything. I was impressed with the one in century city. Is it a waste of money and resources doing that, vs focusing on production? Sure, but I'd be happy with some more ambitious social media presence, doing a review of some thing every week, actively posting photos of plant progress or vehicle build progress or anything really.
Exactly what I've been saying. I don't need the flashy videos shot from a helicopter. I want a video about the bed. Then another video about the seats. Then a video of the steering controls, doors.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
They are catering to politicians because it is important to their business. Being able to sell and service their vehicles in various states that currently don't allow it, will make their life and their consumers life much easier.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Yesterday seemed pivotal for some reason. Agree with the sentiment shared on the latest Rivian Stories video - spot on. This could really start to snowball. I am starting to think the lack of transparency is to reduce a flood of preorder cancellations. Unfortunately though for Rivian, they have not changed course on public comments regarding the delivery timeline. If in fact they do announce a delay at this point, or deliver only a handful of Ts in June, it will really undermine confidence. I think long term Rivian will still be successful, but this will be felt by them in terms of real $$. I think they miscalculated and hope it doesn’t get away from them. Hope I am wrong, but my excitement for a August/September delivery for the R1S is all but gone.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management

SeaGeo,
FYI we actually have a thread for that too! Enjoy.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/whats-on-the-menu-tonight.1424/
Sponsored