Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

disappointing we didn't get anything this week.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
In the absence of any news drops from Rivian this week, I thought folks might like to see how Lucid is crushing it with a new video on Youtube on a weekly basis now for the past few weeks. They've got factory tours, feature deep dives, employee profiles - it's all really good stuff, and Rivian should watch and learn:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxBheRQeJNTBYAsPAHhaBhA
Wasn't Lucid supposed to have started deliveries, already?

I'd rather Rivian focus on meeting their deadline rather than worrying about factory tours.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
What if that tour includes manual labor to get the cars built on time? ?
Reminds me of Stranahan's Whiskey. You used to be able to spend a few hours bottling on their production line and they'd "pay you" with a bottle or two of whiskey to take home. Not sure if they still allow that.

Chevy had an option where you could help assemble the engine that would be put in your Corvette... They charged EXTRA for that, though.

Personally, I'd consider paying a little extra to be able to walk down the line with my R1T and do some assembly.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian marketing/comms make me wonder if they have anyone working in that department at all. Certainly not reassuring, and the lack of detail on the actual vehicles and production makes me wonder what the real status is.
I've been trying to stay positive, but it really is ridiculous. Rivian customer comms & marketing is atrocious.

If there is bad news or delays forthcoming, just own it & be transparent. If not, why all the secrecy STILL?

C'mon Rivian...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I've been trying to stay positive, but it really is ridiculous. Rivian customer comms & marketing is atrocious.

If there is bad news or delays forthcoming, just own it & be transparent. If not, why all the secrecy STILL?

C'mon Rivian...
AMEN.

I literally won't have a car come July and have already waited an extra year. I never thought I'd say this but... I'm considering jumping ship. Any delay or delivery beyond July and I'll likely get a light diesel GMC Canyon or PHEV Rav4. Le sigh...

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
Reminds me of Stranahan's Whiskey. You used to be able to spend a few hours bottling on their production line and they'd "pay you" with a bottle or two of whiskey to take home. Not sure if they still allow that.
Stranahan's is excellent and delightful surprise discovery when killing time when I was last in Denver. It's now one of my favorites :like:

On topic - Rivian is still very tight-lipped which is frustrating, but I expect that they _will_ release information before deliveries to customers. I'll admit, I'm tainted from Tesla's atrocious communication and information. People were finding Model 3's and Y's out testing in public and attempting to gauge ground clearance with a poland spring bottle. Or not knowing if the car would come with a tow hitch. You really didn't know what you were getting pre-launch. Just terrible. On the other hand I definitely expect Rivian to clear that low bar. With deliveries theoretically 60 days away (on the long side) I'm hoping next week's Thursday Surprise will be a big one, because as many have noted ... they're running short on time now.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/ground-clearance.145746/page-3#post-4371298

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I have all the information I need prior to a test drive. If we don't like the way it drives and feels plus the overall fit and fit and finish, nothing else matters (size of the fob, what Launch Green looks like, charging curve, etc).

For those that are going to buy sight unseen, it might be a different story, but most of what people want to know is "when". Rivian can't answer that until they start working thru the list and giving early reservation holders that configured LEs that chance to convert.

@Riviot , unless you reserved in the first month or so, a July delivery is probably unrealistic as I expect initial volumes will be low and restricted to just a few specific markets.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have all the information I need prior to a test drive. If we don't like the way it drives and feels plus the overall fit and fit and finish, nothing else matters (size of the fob, what Launch Green looks like, charging curve, etc).

For those that are going to buy sight unseen, it might be a different story, but most of what people want to know is "when". Rivian can't answer that until they start working thru the list and giving early reservation holders that configured LEs that chance to convert.

@Riviot , unless you reserved in the first month or so, a July delivery is probably unrealistic as I expect initial volumes will be low and restricted to just a few specific markets.
13Dec2018, so I feel like the only thing holding me back from June/July will be my configuration or the configurations of those in my area affecting demand/priority. Or the service team/centers not being up. Or Washington's failure to get a direct sales law changed out of committee and to a vote this year. Or or or...

Little communication from Rivian makes it hard to trust them, you know? I feel like that girl in high school I talked to like once a week but was bonkers for me, it's awful!

AleCS

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi SQ5
Occupation
Business Owner
13Dec2018, so I feel like the only thing holding me back from June/July will be my configuration or the configurations of those in my area affecting demand/priority. Or the service team/centers not being up. Or Washington's failure to get a direct sales law changed out of committee and to a vote this year. Or or or...

Little communication from Rivian makes it hard to trust them, you know? I feel like that girl in high school I talked to like once a week but was bonkers for me, it's awful!
I truly believe WA is on the top list for areas, due to the outdoor lifestyle and number of preorders. Regarding the direct sales, I’m sure Rivian has a good card up their sleeve. Mr. Bezos needs to deploy thousands of EVans and I am sure he will make sure we get a service center up and running here and fast. Well… we can only hope.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I truly believe WA is on the top list for areas, due to the outdoor lifestyle and number of preorders. Regarding the direct sales, I’m sure Rivian has a good card up their sleeve. Mr. Bezos needs to deploy thousands of EVans and I am sure he will make sure we get a service center up and running here and fast. Well… we can only hope.
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... IMG_20210501_163908

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Reddit had a posting about an almost completed Rivian location near Venice Beach. Maybe that’s where the big reveal happens next week...??
Sponsored