Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
There are no implications.

I've stated in my recent posts that lack of communication (Guides area only) leads to speculation on my part (just me, no one else I know about). I have absolutely no clue what is happening within Rivian's organization, or their relationship with Ford and no reason why I should, unless they had stock available to buy.

What I do know, is that Ford has a Board Member at Rivian. I'm guessing she is there, in part, to help protect Ford's investment, amongst other reasons. Ford will protect their investment if Rivian does well. No clue what the other reasons are, if there are any. That is why it is interesting to me. I know she's not there, just to be there. I would think there is some type of working relationship going on. Maybe not.

I'm not implying anything, other than what I've stated above. I'm a Rivian fan and want them to do well. I'm also a Ford fan. I like both vehicles.
They dumped a bunch of $ into Rivian. They want to make sure Rivian does well. I suspect it's a bit of a big brother relationship from the board level.
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
1 week left before May is over. What have we learned this month?
Key fob, warranty, R1T exterior dimensions.
If the early R1T pre order holders get a call from their guides before the month end, then Rivian has kept giving good info before their production line starts on June.
The Model S took 6 weeks to get 50 cars built in 2012 [at the start of production], so I'd expect that only a handful of R1Ts are delivered on June.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
1 week left before May is over. What have we learned this month?
Key fob, warranty, R1T exterior dimensions.
If the early R1T pre order holders get a call from their guides before the month end, then Rivian has kept giving good info before their production line starts on June.
The Model S took 6 weeks to get 50 cars built in 2012 [at the start of production], so I'd expect that only a handful of R1Ts are delivered on June.
Like I said, either there is a delay or we will get an avalanche of info in a day or two. We will know this week.

Sponsored

Woogie11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Ram 1500
Just got this in my mail:
4CEDC47F-A6F4-4427-893F-39DA295AD589.png
4CEDC47F-A6F4-4427-893F-39DA295AD589.png
Among other bits of news, Launch Edition deliveries pushed to July with all LE vehicles expected to be delivered by Spring 2022. All R1T and R1S Launch Edition preorder holders will hear from their Guide by the end of November with their expected delivery timing.