First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Interior looks different to me.
Aside from modifying the dash to fit the 15" screen and trim level differences, I'd say it's pretty much the same.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Well, this one is really tough isn't it! I predict we will learn about the interior! ;)

Who knows, maybe they'll throw in a bonus. How about a picture of two green vehicles parked side by side - one launch green, the other forest green.
I wouldn't hold your breathe. ;)

They have certainly missed their own self imposed deadlines. This will be another miss by Monday, or a real weak interior showing on Friday night.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I think we'll only get details for the 21s, since those are most efficient according to Rivian.

But, if we learn EPA is actually 325 miles, and someone likes the 20s better but also needs 300 miles, it could allow them to make the change. Does that make sense?

Whereas if it comes in right at 300, then maybe the 20's are off the table for some people, knowing that they need as close to 300 miles in range as possible.
As someone with a LE R1T pre-order, I love the look of the 20's, but not willing to take a huge range hit to do something I am unlikely to do...go off-roading. The 20's are more expensive and no upcharge for LE, and if the range hit was minimal, I could easily be pursuaded to go with the AT tires. It would be especially reassuring to know there are some great low rolling resistance 20 inch tires on the market elsewhere to purchase and put on my 20 inch rims. Michelin has just announced a new e.primacy tire for trucks and SUVs, but not available in USA yet, and not sure they will have the correct size any time soon.

CS has in the past said EPA ratings would be released...you guessed it...soon. They really NEED to specify range for each of the three wheel/tire combinations. To do less seems disingenuous. No need to keep us guessing.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Aside from modifying the dash to fit the 15" screen and trim level differences, I'd say it's pretty much the same.
"Apart from the differences, it's the same"

Okay.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired physician
I think it's time to bug CS again.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Not to be a downer, but I'm not expecting a big update if they are not discussing the UI or software.

Most likely they will show off the bluetooth speaker/lantern, talk about the meridian speakers, show the storage spaces under the seats, the QI charger for your phone, and discuss how most surfaces were designed to get dirty/easily cleaned. In other words, it will just be new photos with information we've known here for a long time, with maybe some minor confirmations (like how storage opens under seats).

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Not to be a downer, but I'm not expecting a big update if they are not discussing the UI or software.

Most likely they will show off the bluetooth speaker/lantern, talk about the meridian speakers, show the storage spaces under the seats, the QI charger for your phone, and discuss how most surfaces were designed to get dirty/easily cleaned. In other words, it will just be new photos with information we've known here for a long time, with maybe some minor confirmations (like how storage opens under seats).
Shitty as it is, I agree. I think it will be a quick surface level UI gloss over until their next update a month from now....

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
The Ford Lightning interior is virtually the same as the existing F-150 Interior, so of course you can see it. Youtubers have been able to look at, but not drive a prototype. (Note that GM also gave various reviews access to look at the Hummer prototype.)

Also, note that many people, including me, have seen Rivian prototypes in person.
I'm happy you're ok with a company providing so little information, literally the month before deliveries. Rivian has been working on the R1T since 2015. I've been here since Dec. 2018, so the drip, drip, and poor communications are just starting to wear on some of us.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired physician

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

CS agent confirmed today that there would be EPA ratings for each tire option. Soon.
Nice touch at the end, but aren't you infringing on Rivian's trademark of the word?

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I'm happy you're ok with a company providing so little information, literally the month before deliveries.
I was just pointing out that we know what the Ford Lightning interior looks like because it is the same or very similar to other vehicles that they already produce.
Sponsored