Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Nice! I had an ‘11 X5 35d
Sport Package and not much else. Was chipped with Dinan (close to 500 ft-lb). I thought it was nice until I've lived with my R1T for a week. The Rivian's suspension is simply mindblowing. Buttery smooth even while cornering hard on a bumpy on-ramp loop. On the same on-ramp I'd be bouncing all over while feathering throttle to avoid getting the X5 unsettled. Had aftermarket CarPlay. I don't miss that either.
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

2020 Hyundai Palisade. Purchased in January 2020. Sold in February 2022 with 20k miles for exactly what I paid for it new. Best car purchase I ever made.

OP
OP

sgtpeper

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, '15 650s Spider, '97 355 GTS
Occupation
Real Estate
I'm surprised that so many people who have bought a Rivian have really gone up in price for their purchase.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

2007 Prius Touring. Saved up for 17 years.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
My daily drivers were split. One of our cars (2014 325i) died mid pandemic when I was working from home, so we used my 2004 GX470 as our only car till I needed to commute again. At that point we picked up a Model 3 that I would drive on my commute days and would drive the GX on the other half the week. My wife now drives the Model 3 exclusively and I sold the GX once the R1T came home! Kinda miss it though… 250k miles but ran like new, OME suspension, BFGs, Frontrunner rack and accessories. It was my Saline Valley and Death Valley reliable rig. Looking forward to proving out the Rivian once not in crunch mode at work!

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? IMG_6304

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
2002 Subaru Wrx
Quite the upgrade to the R1T… loving it!
Hope to keep the Rex around for a while… future classic? 🤞
IMG_9177.jpeg
Bug-eye WRX is best WRX. It’ll increase in value, assuming it hasn’t fallen to all the yabbo WRX stereotypes and doesn’t smell of cotton candy vape.

timgradywy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC40 Recharge, CTS-V2, Triumph TR6.
I swapped my daily drivers depending on mood, need, and what was running:
2013 Cadillac CTS-V (Stealth Blue Special Edition)
and
2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3i (with a 6.6 liter LSA, 2.9 Whipple, 6L80E, and a lot more).
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0s5oqs3qlcyRU

I still have the Cadillac and drive it occasionally, but sold my Saab. It would have never passed California emissions testing because there were no CARB EO parts on it and the tune had to be VERY far from stock, but it passed everywhere else since it still had cats, all factory emissions controls, and passed all factory OBD2 tests.

While I miss really my Saab, the Rivian is a much better option for a SUV/truck. It doesn't draw attention when I drive fast and can actually hold wood (4x8 sheets or boards) easier and without worrying about scratching up the interior. I also get more than 10 mpg now...

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Mustang Mach-E. I am on my third EV as we had a BMW i3 as our first one.
Hah! Our first was a BMW i3. Which we replaced with…. a Mustang Mach-E.

The Rivian replaced our other vehicle.

Sponsored

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
2012 Prius V
2015 VW egolf
2019 Nissan Leaf
I love the rivian, but the egolf was my favorite car of all time. I miss having a smaller car but the rivian really is 5 vehicles in one. It's a shame the id3 isn't available in the US. I've contemplated getting the model 3 refresh when it's available here and keeping the R1T.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
My R1T replaced a 2016 Audi A6 and a 2009 Chevy Silverado.

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? Audi A6 cro

The A6 was a pleasure to drive. The supercharged V6 was smooth and powerful. Sold it in Feb 2022 to take advantage of the pandemic spike in used car values and anticipating the R1T was coming s00n. :time: :CWL:

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? Silverado snow.JPEG

Held on to the Silverado after taking delivery of the R1T just in case. I still miss having a full size bed and a rear bumper I can stand on to access the bed. But it quickly became apparent there was no going back. The R1T is just so much nicer and more practical for my needs.

JToeps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S CY/OC
Occupation
Game Designer
Clubs

I'm still in this Tacoma until my R1S arrives. Prior to that, I was in my wife's Subaru Impreza which was our only car for 5 years while I bike commuted in Boston.

I LOVE this Voodoo Blue color, but wish I'da gotten a 4Runner instead as I rarely use the bed and we tend to do more snow sports and stuff. Excited for my new ride, should be one of the last Compass Yellows off the line this month.

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 5.51.18 PM

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Sienna was traded in and I sold this earlier to fund R1T purchase.

Rivian R1T R1S What Was Your Previous Daily Driver Before Rivian? 20220305_160442
Sponsored