crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This is exactly what I asked about and questioned maybe 2 or 3 months ago. Never received good info or a confirmation of how I can open/service/clean that area myself. It seems eventually dust, pollen, bird mess, pine needles will add up to a real mess down there - trapping moisture and worse case impeding correct operation.
This is why I’m watching for service info to become available.

Last edited:

evtrail

Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-1996, Aprilia RSV4
This is why I’m watching for service info to become available.
Where do you think they would become typically? As a servicing manual?

So far, the owner manual isn't helpful for many things. Cleaning that compartment, depending on the area where you live would be considered frequent enough that it should be part of the owner manual and not the servicing manual IMHO.

crashmtb

Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Where do you think they would become typically? As a servicing manual?

So far, the owner manual isn't helpful for many things. Cleaning that compartment, depending on the area where you live would be considered frequent enough that it should be part of the owner manual and not the servicing manual IMHO.
I think you’re asking why I’d want a service manual?
Because I want to know how the systems work.

the owners manual for my other car doesn’t tell me where the sunroof drains are, for example. And it’s a very good idea to clean them.
The workshop manual does.

there are many maintenance tasks that are often not included in an owner’s manual.

evtrail

Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-1996, Aprilia RSV4
Completely agree with that, my question was to help me understand what expectations you had.

Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement