Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This is exactly what I asked about and questioned maybe 2 or 3 months ago. Never received good info or a confirmation of how I can open/service/clean that area myself. It seems eventually dust, pollen, bird mess, pine needles will add up to a real mess down there - trapping moisture and worse case impeding correct operation.
This is why Iā€™m watching for service info to become available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

evtrail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-1996, Aprilia RSV4
This is why Iā€™m watching for service info to become available.
Where do you think they would become typically? As a servicing manual?

So far, the owner manual isn't helpful for many things. Cleaning that compartment, depending on the area where you live would be considered frequent enough that it should be part of the owner manual and not the servicing manual IMHO.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Where do you think they would become typically? As a servicing manual?

So far, the owner manual isn't helpful for many things. Cleaning that compartment, depending on the area where you live would be considered frequent enough that it should be part of the owner manual and not the servicing manual IMHO.
I think youā€™re asking why Iā€™d want a service manual?
Because I want to know how the systems work.

the owners manual for my other car doesnā€™t tell me where the sunroof drains are, for example. And itā€™s a very good idea to clean them.
The workshop manual does.

there are many maintenance tasks that are often not included in an ownerā€™s manual.

evtrail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-1996, Aprilia RSV4
Completely agree with that, my question was to help me understand what expectations you had.

Thanks

BenKitesurfs

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Occupation
Engineer
yea, I wanna know more.
On one hand, that level of integration lets you put the cargo bars on top of the bed and still open the tonneau cover. But it looks fragile. I personally have liked Diamondback covers. They are super strong, but if I mounted an RTT on top, I can only crack it open at best.
Same! I love the Diamondback, and though I would like the convenience of the powered cover, itā€™s hard to trust it like you do the Diamondback.
The other problem with the Diamondback on this truck is that the cover would block the buttons on top of the bed rail (I think). Iā€™m curious if the guys at Diamondback have started considering designing a cover for this truck yet, and what they have come up withā€¦

Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Iā€™m curious if the guys at Diamondback have started considering designing a cover for this truck yet, and what they have come up withā€¦
I gave up on the tonneau - I switched to a R1S LE. It wasnā€™t just the tonneau - I didnā€™t like the tailgate, the fixed rear window, the buttons on the rail sides that would interfere with a canopy. In fact, after 3 years I still havenā€™t see a glimmer of a canopy. I had originally reserved the SUV but got seduced by the truck - which was supposed to come sooner. Oh well.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

The other problem with the Diamondback on this truck is that the cover would block the buttons on top of the bed rail (I think). Iā€™m curious if the guys at Diamondback have started considering designing a cover for this truck yet, and what they have come up withā€¦

In fact, after 3 years I still havenā€™t see a glimmer of a canopy. I had originally reserved the SUV but got seduced by the truck - which was supposed to come sooner. Oh well.
There are several reasons why 3rd party vendors might not offer aftermarket products for the R1 platform yet. The biggest reason would be that itā€™s a totally new model from a young OEM. Vendors may not be willing to take a risk on Rivian yet. But, they will eventually come. Another factor for bed accessories is are those aforementioned buttons. Bed canopies or other covers will have to account for the buttons. That could bring some complications. However, the crossbar mounts offer some innovation options. Imagine a canopy that securely just snaps into place by using the crossbar mounts. Those mounts points could also be the base for structural reinforcements that leet you put an RTT on top of a canopy.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Those mounts points could also be the base for structural reinforcements that let you put an RTT on top of a canopy.
I'm not likely to end up with a RTT - but configuration is getting closer to the R1S. I need to be able to carry a medium-large dog and that's looking like a challenge with the R1T.
Sponsored