tculpepp

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Per Rivian, the first batch of these adapters should be shipping out next week to the earliest Rivian owners. Yay
Where did I miss that update? Last I saw was just "do you want your free adapter" emails. I didn't know they announced shipping had started.
Sponsored

tculpepp

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The lectron j1772 adapter caused my Rivian to throw error codes, I would never trust their supercharger adapter.
Never had any issues with mine. Maybe I've just been lucky so far 🤷

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Where did I miss that update? Last I saw was just "do you want your free adapter" emails. I didn't know they announced shipping had started.
I spoke with Rivian directly :like:

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Received a statement from Lectron and they’re sending me a new one to test (will update y’all once I have it): “After conducting a root cause analysis, we identified a logistics error that resulted in a limited number of early versions of our adapter leaving our distribution partner. These early units, intended for testing purposes only, were subsequently intermingled with mass-production units. This issue has been rectified, and we are replacing all affected adapters.”

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hello,

Regarding some comments above : One of the reasons we test every single adapter is to make sure the locking mechanism is working properly, every adapter is tested in our factory in China and in Montreal, Canada.

Our adapter does not work if unlocked, and if not properly inserted, it won't lock and will not allow charging whatsoever.

Thank you.

- A2Z EV | EVSE
Is there a testing sequence that attempts to remove the adapter after it is latched? I personally try to avoid stepping over DC charging cables because I've tripped over them doing this in the past, but IMO it's an important test procedure because people do try to step over them.

Sponsored

Flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, F150 Lightning Platinum
You can reach out to us by email and we will troubleshoot with you the issues you seem to have, but our locking mechanism is far from having the same issues in terms of safety.

We'll wait for your call (1-844-229-3873) or email ([email protected]).

Thank you.
Sent a note yesterday in reference with my order. happy to take this to a direct conversation.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
I spoke with Rivian directly :like:
A random employee at the service center? Surely someone would have posted about this unless it's 5 NDA'd influences who will get theirs months before anyone else.

smaskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
my Lectron Vortex had this same issue, I emailed Lectron and here is the response. new adapter already on its way and a free shipping label to return the current one:

Rivian R1T R1S Warning - Safety Defect Found with Lectron NACS Adapter 1713361574116-5l

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Yes, Lectron is replacing them. The tell is that you have to pull the trigger to insert the NACS plug. Mine went back to Lectron.

I always stop charging before I try to remove the plug though. Either by hitting stop charging inside the vehicle or by pressing the button on the Tesla supercharger plug.

Even with L2 I always push the trigger first, wait for the charging to stop, and then pull the plug out.

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Hello,

Regarding some comments above : One of the reasons we test every single adapter is to make sure the locking mechanism is working properly, every adapter is tested in our factory in China and in Montreal, Canada.

Our adapter does not work if unlocked, and if not properly inserted, it won't lock and will not allow charging whatsoever.

Thank you.

- A2Z EV | EVSE
Hello,

Thank you.

- A2Z EV | EVSE
A2Z…
Rivian R1T R1S Warning - Safety Defect Found with Lectron NACS Adapter 1713881901043-ba

Everyone else…

Rivian R1T R1S Warning - Safety Defect Found with Lectron NACS Adapter 1713882024906-pn

Thanks for making awesome products and the great communication!

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Any updates on orders from the week of 3/25? :)
As another data point, I ordered mine on 3/19 and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday, 4/26.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Can someone help explain what the different adapters are? There appears to be three at last count-Rivian, E2Z, and Lectron. I have been told (and read somewhere) that Rivian advises to use only the Rivian adapter and will not be responsible for any damage if other adapters are used. Is that correct? I'm not calling out anyone using a non-Rivian adapter. It's your car-your choice. I did get the Rivian notice to order the adapter. Not sure when that might get here. Not in any particular hurry. Road trips are not my thing but if/when I get this adapter that might change. If you've read this far-sorry.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Can someone help explain what the different adapters are? There appears to be three at last count-Rivian, E2Z, and Lectron. I have been told (and read somewhere) that Rivian advises to use only the Rivian adapter and will not be responsible for any damage if other adapters are used. Is that correct? I'm not calling out anyone using a non-Rivian adapter. It's your car-your choice. I did get the Rivian notice to order the adapter. Not sure when that might get here. Not in any particular hurry. Road trips are not my thing but if/when I get this adapter that might change. If you've read this far-sorry.
Yeah, Rivian’s are made by Tesla…same ones that are being sent to ford, and basically the same thing that is on the Magic Docks.

A2Z and Lectron are 3rd party adapters. Rivian and Tesla have said don’t use them, but most of us have followed along with A2Z at least, and trust their process. They have been on here for a while explaining things. They’re working with some OEM’s right now, but are under an NDA. Also, as soon as UL approval comes, Rivian and Tesla should approve these.
Sponsored