Wall-Mounted Charge Station?

ElectricTrucking

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Leaning pretty heavily toward a Rivian one installed by them depending on price. It seems they would have a good shot at knowing exactly what needs to happen and have a huge incentive to get it right.
They will refer you to an electrician. Probably an over priced one. I got a few estimates. Start know and avoid surprises.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
Based on my personal experiences "shopping" for an electrician for this purpose, I will extend AJ's advice further and recommend consulting a qualified electrician...
No doubt about it. "Experienced" is a key word and that's for sure. It took me years to find a good electrician by which I mean one who understood what I was asking him to do and why and was willing to do it. Most, it seems, have, over the years, established a way of doing something and won't deviate from that. Tell them "No, don't do that" and they do it anyway.

Rivian will doubtless have recommendations but it is obvious that it will take a while for them to build a stable and I sense OP wants to get something going well before delivery.

From the installing electrician's perspective an EVSE is an EVSE is an EVSE so that if one has a friend or friends that have BEVs, even Teslas, perhaps they could recommend someone.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
I don't think you'll need a lawyer but this does bring to mind another aspect of what "experienced" means in this context and that refers to resonance between the electrician and the local inspectors. I sometimes think you need a law degree to read the applicable parts of the code but a qualified electrician would be one who knows how the local inspector reads it and that is what counts.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement