Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

Hi folks, I'm starting to look at the Vermont DMV info for moving registration over, and there are so many confusing questions.

It was asked before her, does anyone understand the truck and fuel classification?
Can anyone see what weights and fuel rivian put on their DMV form?

It seems to me anything over 7k lbs is a truck and there is no EV registration pricing, you get hit with both environmental fees and the higher price for other fuel?

They registered as a an Electric vehicle. Empty weight was 6000, Loaded 7200 (Rivian reversed the numbers on my application originally)

I came across the fixed registration form and it was actually 7200 empty 8532 loaded, but had no issue registering as EV. Registration was listed as $157. I renewed in May for 2 years for $136.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jim4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Anyone know of any decent charging options in the Manchester area? I know there's 1 DC charger at the Northshire bookstore, but any others you are aware of?

smaskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hello Vermonters - Iā€™m in Plattsburgh just across the lake from BTV. My wife and I are considering a rivian, but are looking to check one out in person without driving to Boston or Syracuse.
Do any of you make it to Plattsburgh ever? Know anyone that rents theirs? Would really like to see if it could fit in our garage and see one in person.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Riptonite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S & Model X
Occupation
Aerospace
Clubs

Hello Vermonters - Iā€™m in Plattsburgh just across the lake from BTV. My wife and I are considering a rivian, but are looking to check one out in persowithout driving to Boston or Syracuse.
Do any of you make it to Plattsburgh ever? Know anyone that rents theirs? Would really like to see if it could fit in our garage and see one in person.

thanks in advance!
S or T?

smaskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Honestly either one works at this point because they're so similar.

I tried to find some in Burlington on Turo - but 2 day minimum and 400$ a day for a "test drive" is just too steep for me!

Sponsored

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜14 BMW i3, ā€˜19 BMW i3, ā€˜22 R1T -> ā€˜24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Hello Vermonters - Iā€™m in Plattsburgh just across the lake from BTV. My wife and I are considering a rivian, but are looking to check one out in person without driving to Boston or Syracuse.

thanks in advance!
We are in Utah for the winter but happy to show you ours if you are still looking when we return in June. We are in South hero so a short ferry ride to you.

smaskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
We are in Utah for the winter but happy to show you ours if you are still looking when we return in June. We are in South hero so a short ferry ride to you.
Might take you up on this if we are still in the market when you return!